• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"error in script on this page" while trying to install adobe flash player 11.4.402.278

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, all --

i am a newbie of long standing , so please forgive my ignorance.  i plead for mercy from the kind and generous people who answer inquiries here.

i got a notice on my computer that a newer version of adobe flash player was available.  the one i had at the time was 11.4.402.265.  the newer version was 11.4.402.278.  i got to where i thought was the right place and clicked "download."  within a few seconds i got a message saying that a "script error" had occurred on the page and did i want to continue running this script.

-- line 1

-- char 12948

-- error, object expected

-- code 0

-- URL http://127.0.0.1:1127/app/_js/adobe.js

it doesn't seem to matter whether i click "yes" or "no" on continuing to run the script.  the next thing that happens is that i get a second "script error" notice.

-- line 1

-- char 1180

-- error, 'globalActiveActionItems' is undefined

-- code 0

-- URL http://127.0.0.1:2501/app/_js/adobe.js

it doesn't matter whether i click "yes" or "no" on whether i want to keep running the script.  the screen reverts to saying that it is "retrieving install," then i get the second "script error" message again.  and to make things worse, i can't get rid of the "retrieving install" screen; it has the minimizer button and the "quit" button (x), but the "quit" button does nothing, so for now i've simply minimized it.

what has happened here?  what should i do to fix it?  i've tried going back to the beginning and redoing it, but i end up over and over again with the second "script error" message.  i've tried making sure that "scripting" is "enabled" under "tools/internet options/scripting," then closing and reopening internet explorer (a suggestion i found in a similar thread), but the same things keep happening.

i am on a dell optiplex 330, windows pro XP/SP3, IE 8.0.6001.18702.

thanks to anyone who has any suggestions for me.

-- susie margaret

[email address removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

That is not how computers usually behave; mostly it is the other way around...

But I'm glad your computer did the right thing!

Don't hesitate to come back if you need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susie margaret wrote:

i am a newbie of long standing , so please forgive my ignorance.

I don't see any ignorance here; you are one of the very few posters who actually provide some real information, like your operating system and browser.   Thank you, and welcome [back] to the forums!

I do not know what causes these script errors, but I suggest that you proceed to the following link and download, then run the offline installer: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Note that Internet Explorer must be closed during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, pat --

thank you so much for your quick reply!

a miraculous thing has happened that i have no way in the world of explaining.  for lack of any other ideas, i closed everything one more time and restarted the computer again.  to my astonishment, the flash player installed without a hitch!  i even checked it against my list of programs; it was the correct version and there was no earlier version left.

i swear that i did nothing different from the multiple previous times i had messed with this, so altho i wish i could tell everyone else with this problem what i did to resolve it, i don't have a clue!

i appreciate your willingness to help.

-- susie margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not how computers usually behave; mostly it is the other way around...

But I'm glad your computer did the right thing!

Don't hesitate to come back if you need more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem

-- line 1

-- char 12948

-- code 0

except

it looks like this being on line 2 and not on line 1

-- line 2

-- char 12948

-- code 0

i know it was only released 3 weeks ago but i hope someone can help, oh and i tried what susie did.  it didnt work

thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gregschin wrote:

i tried what susie did.  it didnt work

Did you try my suggestion in my first reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines