• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Will Not Install

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using IE (think it's the 7th version?), have the 64 operating system for a Compaq laptop and I have been trying to download the newest Adobe Flash Player for about 4 days now. I have uninstalled and wiped my hard drive clean of any and all adobe flash player items. Have deleted internet cache and the whole nine yards. When I try to click on the most recent download for the player my IE page goes into a fit and says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I have gone of several websites trying to download this thing and I ALWAYS get the same message. My internet is fine nothing wrong with it, I have a strong signal every time. All I want to do is watch videos and play games online. I am really frustrated. Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Maybe it's being blocked. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus and then try again. Also make sure that your Internet Explorer security settings are at the default level.

You can also try downloading and installing the IE version from within a different browser, here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading it from the offline installer

Try this link first: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install _flash_player.exe 

If that doesn't work, then try:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

If this fixes the issue, please mark this answer as 'correct' so I can receive credit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still will not work, both the links. It keeps giving me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I don't understand if it's just me or what. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting IE. Go to Tools, Internet Options, then choose the last tab Advanced, and click the "Reset" button. Then try installing from the links I provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done what you and mdanehy both asked and I have successfully downloaded the new flash player. Just had to disable my antivirus. However I have a new problem. Can't watch videos. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's being blocked. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus and then try again. Also make sure that your Internet Explorer security settings are at the default level.

You can also try downloading and installing the IE version from within a different browser, here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally downloaded after you suggested I turn off my antivirus and reset everything. However now I cannot watch videos once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening when you try to watch a video? What does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well YouTube just gives me a screen and it looks like static like from a television screen if that makes any sense. Any other videos just continue to have the black screen with the still loading video button going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your antivirus might be blocking the videos. Try disabling it and then watching videos.

I've been googling and finding issues involving Flash and Kaspersky. http://techguy615.blogspot.com/2011/09/flash-videos-not-playing-and-kaspersky.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Kaspersky (got Centurylink) . I didn't have a problem with watching videos until I got a nasty virus on my computer from a website that kept redirecting me back to their website. I downloaded the combofix stuff and clean up my computer and it works like new once more. I disable the antivirus and tried to watch the video but it still isn't working. It always tells me to try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combofix frequently needs to be run twice to complete the virus removal(in cases of rootkits). Try running it again, to finish the cleaning out. A virus could still be on there stopping the videos from playing. You can also try running malwarebytes to help clean it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these suggestions:http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/23/how-to-repair-internet-explorer/

You may have lingering spyware or toolbar that is causing the problem, or the virus messed up something. If you're using an older IE version then upgrading might repair ianything that is broken.

And see if Malwarebytes finds anything. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did run combofix again and I tried the malwarebytes. But for some reason my IE 32 bit wouldn't load but my IE 64 bit would load and I do have the new IE 9 downloaded. Still can't watch videos. No maleware, viruses or anything on my laptop, usually really good about running scans several times a day. Anywho, I do appreciate yours and Geeks2You's help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines