Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automate and generate the help by script

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are looking for a way to automate the building of our application.
We tried to run a script (actually consists of many scripts) to compile and generate a new build of the software.
Part of it is to generate the help file as well.

(1) I am looking for a command line option to run RoboHelp so that I don't need to open the project in RoboHelp, generate the chm file by clicking the option and button.
Does anyone has the idea on how to do that?

(2) I know I can generate the chm file by using Microsoft HTML help in command prompt. Will all my features and options set in the help file be shown the same as I do it with RoboHelp?

Many thanks,
Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking for a way to persuade people to search these forums first! :-)

Question 1 has been covered many times. There is no built in option. The nearest you will get is a macro built using something like Macro Express with all the right delays built in OR using an automated test tool which is effectively the same thing.

RoboHelp works with the MS Help compiler and applies the settings you have applied in RoboHelp. If you work direct with the compiler, you will have to apply those settings. I don't know whether they will stick between sessions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi all

As far as the automated build using HHW...

I stand to be corrected here, but I believe if you use any RoboHelp specific features such as Build Tags/Build Expressions and maybe Browse Sequences (not sure about those) that the resulting .CHM won't have those features. You have to compile using RoboHelp in order to do this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp