Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames causing an Error on Page when compiled and viewed

Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, I am using RoboHelp 10 and WebHelp.

I am trying to click on a certain Topic in the ToC, and have it open in the window with two frames.I get an Error on Page when I click the link, but it seems to load up the page properly, as I can't see anything wrong with it.

I tried this with a new project, thinking that I may have something in my large project that was causing this, but it also appears to happen on a brand new project. So my conclusion is that I am doing something that RoboHelp doesn't like.

If I delete the line of code, noted in the Error on Page, from the compiled html from the SSL folder, there is no error.

I also tried to do this with Framesets inside of RoboHelp, but I got the same results.

Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions that I might be able to implement? I would like to be able to get rid of the error without having to edit the html after compiling, but if that is my only option, I guess I'll have to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the html of the page I am trying to create:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 10" />

<title>Copy of Frames</title>

</head>

<frameset cols="35%, 65%">

<frame name="main" src="cursor.gif" />

<frame name="video" src="tab.png" />

<noframe>

<body>

<p>&#160;</p>

</body>

</noframe>

</frameset>

</html>

Here is the compiled html from the SSL folder:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 10" />

<title>Copy of Frames</title>

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

//<![CDATA[

var gbstrRelHomePageURL="index.htm";

//]]>

</script><script type="text/javascript1.2" language="javascript" src="whmsg.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whver.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whutils.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whproxy.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2" src="whframes.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript1.2">//<![CDATA[

<!--

addTocInfo("Copy of Frames");<!--This is the line that is giving me the issue.-->

window.onload = function()

{

if (window.setRelStartPage)

{   

setTimeout("setRelStartPage('index.htm');", 1)

}   

}

function onSetStartPage()

{

if (window.autoSync)

autoSync(1);

}

//-->

//]]></script>

</head>

<frameset cols="35%, 65%">

<frame name="main" src="cursor.gif" />

<frame name="video" src="tab.png" />

<noframe>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript" src="./ehlpdhtm.js" language="JavaScript1.2"></script>

<p>&#160;</p>

</body>

</noframe>

</frameset><noframes></noframes>

</html>

Here is the error from IE:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;

.NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:46:05 UTC

Line: 19

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: file:///C:/Users/i63962/Documents/My%20RoboHelp%20Projects/frame/!SSL!/WebHelp/First_Topic.htm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know if this will help at all, but in the WebHelp Settings>Navigation, if I turn off the TOC Toolbar Button then I don't get the error. But, I don't get the TOC either.

I also changed the skin to Traditional style - no skin, and it gets the same error as above, only it is whtopic.js. Upon opening whtopic.js, I found that is where the addTocInfo function is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet another discovery. It appears that it may be an IE only issue. Both Firefox and Chrome work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It could simply be that the browser isn't exactly expecting images to be the source of the iFrame. Perhaps try creating an HTML page for each image and making sure the image is the only thing on the HTML page. Then point the iFrame to those pages.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I apologize, but those were just what I was using for a quick test. I actually started using html pages while I was working in the built-in Frameset tool in RoboHelp.

However, I did figure something out. While doing some research, it appears that some other people were having problems with the "Object Expected" error only occurring in IE (only I couldn't find anyone having the problem with RoboHelp).

After a bit more reading and trying things out, I realized that it didn't look like whtopic.js was actually getting loaded in the compiled html, so the addTocInfo function was never working correctly. So, I added the following into the compiled html:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="whtopic.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

After doing that, I don't get the error anymore. I don't know why the main JavaScript for Topics would not be getting loaded, but apparently, it wasn't.

Now if I can just figure out what I need to do to make it load properly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp