• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See Also Style

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I can't seem to change the style of the "See Also" text in the See Also control. I want it to be consistent with the link style in my help project.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben. We all had to learn from scratch so have been there many times and I can assure you no question is stupid. You should be able to change the font used for the control when it is set-up. The final step allows you to specify a font and control the text size. What you can't do is define the colour which is what you want? If so, a way around this is to set-up a custom image that you can use with the "Hidden for Scripts" option and some javascript code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Yes, that's exactly what I wanted - to change the link color. I see that I can select "Hidden for Scripts" but can you clarify what Javascript code to use? Must it be applied on a topic-by-topic basis? Seems a lot of work to configure a text color; I'm amazed that this simple functionality is missing from the Font options in See Also.

Thanks again for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben. Yes it is a bit of an ommission. You may want to add a feature request to Adobe on this. The more we authors do this the more chance there is that a future version will include it. You can do this via this link. As far as the custom image is concerned, I'm now javascript expert but I have tested the following procedure here and it seems to work.

1/ Add the See Also control with the "Hidden for Scripts" option.
2/ Create your See Also image and insert the image file next to the See Also control created above.
3/ Select the image and add a hyperlink with the following javascript as the link - javascript:SeeAlso.Click();
4/ Compile and test

You'll have to do this on each See Also control. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WriterBen and Colum

Ben, Colum correctly told you how to accomplish this. But I have one little tidbit to add.

If you insert more than one "See Also" control on a page, you will need to be careful about what you do with the script. RoboHelp HTML normally names the first instance "SeeAlso". But subsequent instances are named differently. And the exact name used will depend on how that control is inserted.

If you are inserting them via the menu - Insert > See Also...
The second will normally be named OBJECT1
The third will normally be named OBJECT2 and so on

If you are inserting them via Copy/Paste
The second will normally be named object1
The third will normally be named object2 and so on

I bring this up because JavaScript gets totally persnickety with these names. Object1, OBJECT1 and object1 are three different names to JavaScript. So you need to pay close attention to what they are named and use the correct name when you type the JavaScript code. javascript:SeeAlso.Click(); then becomes javascript:OBJECT1.Click(); or javascript:object1.Click();

Happy Friday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good catch Rick. That's caught me out in the past and I should have mentioned it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp