• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

generating Barcodes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a customer ticketing and quoting system for my company..

I would like to add BarCode technology to this so when the customer comes back in, I can scan his work order or quote to bring the information on screen.. i would rather develop this myself than use a purchased or even a free app. Problem is I can seem to find any documentation on it and I have no clue as to where to look....

Any help would be appriciated..

Craig
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Code

You're going to need to write an applet or activex object to tie into a scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmmm

maybe a free one will be the way to go....as of I dont have time for developing anything that will take langer than a few hours right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this will get you started
http://blog.recfusion.com/index.cfm?mode=cat&catid=BD90974E-D884-28C5-9A2C02BD614A17F9
HTH
--
Tim Carley
www.recfusion.com
info@NOSPAMINGrecfusion.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heres a product you may want to investigate.

http://www.fusionzone.com/applications/barcode/overview.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2006 Dec 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We at www.klicket.net first started developing a Code128 barcode as ISAPI module (see Barcode ISAPI). Later, we wanted to get more codes, i.e. 2D codes, so I evaluated others.

If you don't find a native CF component: In general, you can buy ANY barcode component for the Win32 platform that can be used as an AtiveX, ATL oder ASP component. You will find then some ASP or PHP code which you can easily translate to CF. We finally bought some good components designed as ActiveX. Pay attention to the documentation because you need it for translating.

Hint: Because ASP is now outdated, you can get some discounts when asking for an "old-fashioned" ASP components.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation