Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMail and structures

Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to send myself an email by using CFErrror and CFMail to show which fields the user is changing during an update so I can adjust the database or the input screen to match. There are over 120 fields to update at any one time.

I create a structure with field name as the key, and the contents of the form.fieldname to be changed as the content.
The structure is then set into a session variable. I then need to include the complex variable in an email. Any thoughts about this? I would really like to include the <cfdump> output.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: jci714
I am trying to send myself an email by using CFErrror and CFMail to show which fields the user is changing during an update so I can adjust the database or the input screen to match. There are over 120 fields to update at any one time.

I create a structure with field name as the key, and the contents of the form.fieldname to be changed as the content.
The structure is then set into a session variable. I then need to include the complex variable in an email. Any thoughts about this? I would really like to include the <cfdump> output.

So why don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not have a complex variable in an email that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Did it crash when you tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation