• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 - Multicam is BROKEN!!! vs FCPX, (Final Cut Pro) FCP7, Avid, Sony Vegas

Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are thinking of switching from FCP7 or FCPX or Avid or another editing program to Premiere Pro CS6, there are MANY great reasons to do so, HOWEVER, if you deal with editing multiple cameras (multicam) then you may want to think twice about it until this issue is resolved.

How to edit multicam in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6? What is the best editing program for mulitcam or multiple camera editing? -  The answer, until the issue below is fixed, is NOT Adobe Premiere Pro! As of CS6 (version 6.0.2), this "design" flaw or "quirk" described below makes multicam editing very difficult and inefficient in Premiere Pro. Those first two questions above are what I google searched in hope of a fix to an issue that has plagued Adobe Premiere Pro for years, literally. Unfortunately, in the new Premiere CS6, with so many other great new features, the issue still remains making it very difficult to do a multicam edit compared to FCPX, Final Cut Pro 7, Avid, Sony Vegas, etc. They all handle multicam editing in different ways but, having recently switched away from FCP7, and worked on several mulitcam edits, Premiere Pro CS6 (and CS5, and CS5.5) has serious issues/problems with the multicam feature that is broken as of right now (version 6.0.2) in Premiere CS6 and makes editing multicam a VERY frustrating experience and much less efficient compared to other NLE's. If its a design, then its flawed as yes, you can get around it and fix what you've done, but why should you have to keep wasting valuble time "fixing" things like this anyway? Just doesn't make sense.

The issue:

Hitting the spacebar or pause or stop button during a multicam edit actually stops the edit, makes a cut in your edit (timeline), and then switches to a different camera (angle or shot) whether you want it to or not!

This issue has been known by Adobe for over two years but they push it aside, call it a design quirk, and ultimately avoid fixing the issue as noted in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/738084?start=0&tstart=0

Having your editing program make cuts and switch angles on you when you simply pause or stop playback is a huge issue. If this were happening in the normal timeline then I'm guessing it would have been fixed, but it hasn't been fixed and it causes the editor to have to go back and remove the un-intended cuts and switch shots back to where they should be. The PAUSE button should only PAUSE or STOP the playback as it does in other programs. But in Premiere it pauses, makes a cut in your timeline, and then switches back to the first angle or shot that you started with whether you want to or not. There is no way to stop this from happening as of right now on CS6. The other thread that talks about the issue brings up the fact that the "issue does not have the numbers" to make it a priority to be fixed and there are other "more important issues" that need to be fixed first which makes me wonder if Adobe really does listen to their user's feedback. I mean, 2 years of people complaining about this and no fixes. Their response has been "add it to the wish list" or "it's not a bug, its a quirk, so make a feature request" or "its designed that way." Designed that way? Who would actually want it that way? No other NLE does this and for good reason. If the pause button just paused playback and that's it, do you think there would be a thread lasting for 2 years about how hitting pause "should also make a cut in the timeline and switch shots"? I doubt it. Its a design flaw. I feel strange asking for the feature "please make the pause button pause" or "please make the stop button stop playback". Sounds like its broken to me.

If multicam fuctionality is a major focus for the Adobe Premiere team going forward, which I believe it is, then please start by making even the basic functions work as one would expect them to. PAUSE=PAUSE. STOP=STOP. Whew! That was tough. Done. Fixed. Moving on! Right now, this design is counter-productive, not intuitive, helps no one, and only wastes valuable time while the editor has to quickly "fix" the issue. 

Well, I figured I'd do two things here:

1) Start a thread with as many keywords as possible so that this issue gets "the numbers" both in this forum and in Google searches. Hopefully soon when you google "Premiere Pro multicam" this will be the first topic on the first page. My hope is that I can put a nice "SOLVED" or "FIXED" label on this thread one day soon (and I will for sure!). If that's the case, its a testament to the squeeky wheel theory combined with a little web analytics.

2) Make this a new thread rather than continue in the old thread because it's time to ask a new question: how long will it take for Adobe to fix an issue when its design is essentially broken causing all users to have to do a "fix" every time? Right now it's going on two years! This isn't a feature request...its a broken function within Premiere. A design...flaw. I do know Adobe listens and that they care about certain things, but how fast do they act? That's my real question.

I wonder if this thread will populate with more "we've got more important things to fix" or "it isn't that big of an issue" or "its not an issue at all, its a quirk" or "you can just go back and fix the problem every time you have to stop as it only takes a few seconds" or "its not broken, its designed to be counter-productive and frustrating to users".  Time will tell. Well, if you do as many mulitcam edits as I do then those "few seconds" add up. If it is designed that way, then Adobe, I ask you this: If you hit the pause button on your TV remote and it paused the live TV, but then also turned the volume all the way down and changed channels...would you still just call that a quirk? Would it make sense to design a remote that way? I'd say that the button on your remote doesn't work right and should be fixed. Yes, you could fix it quickly by hitting the "last" or "recall" button and then hitting the volume up button, but shouldn't the PAUSE button on your remote do just that and only that: PAUSE?

Please, do respond...we apparently need the numbers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Have you tried what a user suggested earlier in the thread? Although it takes a little getting used to, it works for me perfectly.

"Before to stop the playback press the key 0 (zero) of the keyboard and then you can stop the play (with the Space bar) without the cut in the timeline."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very far from a "serious" issue, especially if you make a very simple (and more efficient) adjustment to your work flow.

Run though the multicam edits live, then clean them up in the sequence with the Rolling Edit tool.

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

This is very far from a "serious" issue, especially if you make a very simple (and more efficient) adjustment to your work flow.

Run though the multicam edits live, then clean them up in the sequence with the Rolling Edit tool.

Done.

This is a serious issue to many people.

Some issues are more serious than others. It's not serious to you but I'm guessing you have things that bother you that may seem serious to me.

When users catch things that shouldn't happen, they should report them. That's what I'm here to do. To say that it's more efficient to go back and fix issues like this is grossly misinformed and relates only to your personal workflow. Yes, using the Rolling Edit tool after a multicam edit is the most effective way of adjusting clips and it is part of an efficient workflow, but that doesn't take away the fact that unless we use your personal workflow we're screwed due to what is clearly a broken feature that's frustrated countless users for years.

Jim, I do appreciate your feedback. You are always quick to respond and help people I've seen on many threads. But what if people didn't complain about things like buttons not working like they should, then Adobe would never know that there is an issue. You have a great idea for a workaround. Thank you for that. But the issue still remains and must be fixed. Then, it will truly be "more efficient".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CS6 (and CS5, and CS5.5) has serious issues/problems with the multicam feature that is broken as of right now (version 6.0.2) in Premiere CS6 and makes editing multicam a VERY frustrating experience and much less efficient compared to other NLE's. If its a design, then its flawed as yes, you can get around it and fix what you've done, but why should you have to keep wasting valuble time "fixing" things like this anyway? Just doesn't make sense.

This is exactly the way I edited multicam in FCP and Avid, I live switched the multicam edit and then went back with the roll tool. It's not broken, it just doesn't work the way you want it to. File a feature request to request a change in behavior: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

DMH79 wrote:

This issue has been known by Adobe for over two years but they push it aside, call it a design quirk, and ultimately avoid fixing the issue as noted in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/738084?start=0&tstart=0

We never called it a quirk. One of our moderators did. We made lots of updates to multicamera editing in CS6, unfortunately, not the ones you wanted. Keep making feature requests if you wish to see it operate differently.

DMH79 wrote:

1) Start a thread with as many keywords as possible so that this issue gets "the numbers" both in this forum and in Google searches. Hopefully soon when you google "Premiere Pro multicam" this will be the first topic on the first page. My hope is that I can put a nice "SOLVED" or "FIXED" label on this thread one day soon (and I will for sure!). If that's the case, its a testament to the squeeky wheel theory combined with a little web analytics.

2) Make this a new thread rather than continue in the old thread because it's time to ask a new question: how long will it take for Adobe to fix an issue when its design is essentially broken causing all users to have to do a "fix" every time? Right now it's going on two years! This isn't a feature request...its a broken function within Premiere. A design...flaw. I do know Adobe listens and that they care about certain things, but how fast do they act? That's my real question.

Please, do respond...we apparently need the numbers.

The "numbers" refer to feature requests, not amount of threads, keywords, Google searches, or whatever. We count feature requests from this form only: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish No need to create new threads, or take other actions.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the way I edited multicam in FCP and Avid, I live switched the multicam edit and then went back with the roll tool. It's not broken, it just doesn't work the way you want it to. File a feature request to request a change in behavior: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

We never called it a quirk. One of our moderators did. We made lots of updates to multicamera editing in CS6, unfortunately, not the ones you wanted. Keep making feature requests if you wish to see it operate differently.

The "numbers" refer to feature requests, not amount of threads, keywords, Google searches, or whatever. We count feature requests from this form only: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish No need to create new threads, or take other actions.

Thanks.

Thanks Kevin sincerely for your attention to this issue. I see your response in the other thread and I really appreciate your insight and your willingness to share this with engineers as you say you did. Can't thank you enough. Interesting thought saying that the people who work on multicam won't see this. Bummer. They should know when the functionality of things are wrong. Yes, using the rolling edit tool is the best way to do things. I agree. And yes, you did make lots of changes in CS6 that are great. But to say that a stop or pause button is also supposed to cut and change shots is an awful design choice that benefits no one (I'd love to know an example where that helps users) or its a broken feature. Why not then, if its not broken, include that great "feature" into the regular timeline so that anytime anyone is playing back anything on their timeline that stopping or pausing the video does the same thing and makes a cut and switch in video shots? (sarcasm...please don't do this)

Regarding the "numbers" reference...I know full well that making the wish request is the best way to get things done. I've done that. So have others as you see in the first thread on this topic. But, I also know that these topics are one of the first things that are referenced when people search online about different programs. Using a title that catches attention of other people will encourage more people to respond and send forth their "feature requests" as you mentioned. I also know that the first thing Adobe doesn't want when people google "Premiere Pro Multicam" is to see a post at the top that it's broken. If I saw this thread two months ago when I started I might have gone to FCPX first and never come back. So hopefully that motivates the change to happen sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is ABSOLUTELY a deal breaker for the vast majority of multicam editors. For ANY editing program to introduce an unintended cut is WRONG and MUST be fixed if it is to be used professionally. To categorize this as some quirk or intended behavior is pure crap.

THIS IS A BUG. Please fix this!! Over a year of doing everything possible to get this resolved has been useless so far. And, anyone who has not sent a bug report and/or feature request into Adobe PLEASE DO SO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

The multicam making edit on pause / stop cannot be called any other way than a broken feature.

At the very very least, users should be given the choice of the way pause / stop act on multicam editing.

"Run though the multicam edits live"

For a one hour video that means one hour multicam editing straight without even a single pause.

What's the point of working on an NLE if you are forced to go linear and live ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this issue too. It needs a fix soon. In any case there's a workaround. Before to stop the playback press the key 0 (zero) of the keyboard and then you can stop the play without the cut in the timeline.

Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zuccon123 wrote:

I hate this issue too. It needs a fix soon. In any case there's a workaround. Before to stop the playback press the key 0 (zero) of the keyboard and then you can stop the play without the cut in the timeline.

Ivan

It used to work for me too but moving to OSX Lion or PP 6.0.2 (can't tell exactly wich one is responsible) have killed this workaround, now stop record create an edit when pressed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KGCW wrote:

zuccon123 wrote:

Ivan

It used to work for me too but moving to OSX Lion or PP 6.0.2 (can't tell exactly wich one is responsible) have killed this workaround, now stop record create an edit when pressed too.

Really? That's no good. It's working on my Mac running Snow Leopard. I'll try to find out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79 wrote:

Regarding the "numbers" reference...I know full well that making the wish request is the best way to get things done. I've done that. So have others as you see in the first thread on this topic. But, I also know that these topics are one of the first things that are referenced when people search online about different programs. Using a title that catches attention of other people will encourage more people to respond and send forth their "feature requests" as you mentioned. I also know that the first thing Adobe doesn't want when people google "Premiere Pro Multicam" is to see a post at the top that it's broken. If I saw this thread two months ago when I started I might have gone to FCPX first and never come back. So hopefully that motivates the change to happen sooner than later.

So sorry that this is such a dealbreaker for you and others on this thread. I wish I could snap my fingers and make the fix for you, but I can't. However, I'll do my best for you regarding pointing more attention to this issue. If there are others on the thread that have not filed a bug, please do so right now: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, given the money I have spent and time I have wasted so far trying to get this issue resolved so that I could just do my work as efficiently as I used to in FCP, I should just walk away from this and switch to FCPX or Avid. The fact that myself and others are making such a stink about it is that we are all so close to having a viable tool to replace FCP... However obviously still so very far away. We want to see this resolved, not just perceived as a "wish"...

The fact is none of this thread has anything to do with "wishing",' it has to do with getting a real problem with your software fixed. the first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem, and you and Adobe haven't even been willing to concede that. I GUARANTEE you that the more editors find out about this, the more they will be really amazed and upset that Adobe doesn't take this seriously. 

As someone else so eloquently stated earlier, if you have to keep going all the we through a long form edit without stopping to avoid creating an unintended edit, then what is the point of being non-linear? I'm guessing that Asobe's policy is to never admit a mistake or bug, then when enough stink is raised they quietly fix it.

The stink has been brewing for two years now, and the stench is going to choke many of the ones you hoped to convert to Adobe from Apple, me definitely included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have filed a feature request too.  It is interesting to see how some of the little/big annoyances, head-scratchers and dealbreakers fall through the cracks for years.  There are some things that I have no idea why Adobe thought it would be a good idea to implement that seem to linger for years (such as this multicam issue, constant view-blocking tooltips, autosave issues, etc..) and not being an engineer myself, I don't understand why it takes so much effort to make changes.  I guess it does.

I am assuming this issue will be taken care of eventually and appreciate the community noise that is being made to help push it through. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Monahan wrote:

So sorry that this is such a dealbreaker for you and others on this thread. I wish I could snap my fingers and make the fix for you, but I can't. However, I'll do my best for you regarding pointing more attention to this issue. If there are others on the thread that have not filed a bug, please do so right now: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks.

(and, in another thread about this issue...)

I can't really say what the team has or has not been working on, but multicamera editing is an important function to Premiere Pro, so it is also important to the team to have it functioning properly. I've had some engineers look at the thread, yes.

Unfortunately, the people that work on the multicamera portion of Premiere Pro probably won't see your post. Again, all you can really do is file a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Kevin, I have to say that you and Greg Baber have been really nice about this whole thing which is much appreciated. But, its clear that even through you are staff, your hands are tied and you can only "point more attention" to this issue because, as you stated, "the people that work in the multicamera portion of Premiere Pro probably won't see this post". Hmm. That seems like a very honest and revealing statement about the disconnect of this product and its users if there is no middle men to relay the issues. No error code is given here. Nothing to "figure out". It's plain and simple. The basic function of the multicam worflow is broken. I get that people who work on the program aren't on the forums seeing what people are complaining about. They probably have enough on their plates. However, as nice as you are about this issue, I'm guessing that fellow staff member "Todd_Kopriva" was also nice about it when he addressed it in the thread above back in 2010!

And look where that's gotten the issue.

So just being nice about it doesn't seem to get anything accomplished. Granted, I'm glad you all are nice (thank you for that), but man, I hope you figure out a way to bridge that "gap" between those that address the users and those that fix the issues. The idea of it being added to some sort of abstract wish list is a joke. It's a broken feature. It's 2012 and here we are still being nice about it and saying that there are quick ways to patch up the damage that this causes over and over. This post will continue on as long as I'm working on multicams 6 days a week and continually see how much of a time wasting setback this is. This isn't a battle of those who like it this way vs. those that don't. No one likes it. Most have just found a way to come back and fix it quickly. Well that adds up over time. Using my earlier remote control analogy about the PAUSE button causing the TV pause, change channels and lower the volume all at once...many people have simply fallen in line and learned to accept that you have to just hit "recall/last" and then just turn the volume back up everytime because it will never be addressed. Well, I hope that changes quickly. One day you'll google search "Premiere Pro Multicam" and this post will pop up first and I'm guessing it would be a bad way to introduce people to the program if it doesn't have a big green SOLVED on the top. Trust me, like I said before, I'll be the first one to come in here and put it up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, my Chevy doesn't drive like a Ford!?!  Please stop these posts about features being "wrong" just because they are not what some are used to. If you believe there is a better way, please file a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

"If you are thinking of switching from FCP7 or FCPX or Avid or another editing program to Premiere Pro CS6, there are MANY great reasons to do so"

From the numurous posts in these forums, it is very obvious that Premiere Pro is the better editor.

I've used Premiere Pro for years, (after years of FCP) and have always used the multicam without issues. Editing a clip without stopping is a great way to see the whole thing again and gives you the chance to catch any issues there may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason,

I agree with you. It seems that many expect PrPro to be what they dreamed that FCP 8 would be, and are miffed, that it was not. Apple chose to go the FCPX route, instead of 8, but that is not Adobe's problem.

Adobe has bent over backward to accommodate the FCP users, but it is NOT FCP 8. It is PrPro. I think that the majority of complaints should be addressed at Apple, but then I cannot imagine them listening. They turned their backs on the FCP folk, and changed course. Sorry about that.

While there ARE some great aspects of FCP, that could enhance PrPro, it is NOT FCP 8. Sorry for the bad news.

Just my observations,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to go through an unnecessary car analogy, this is not a case of "my chevy doesn't drive like a ford" but rather "my chevy doesn't drive like any other car on the market as shifting gear also turns on directional indicator".

Avid MC / Symphony does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

FCP 7 does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

FCP X does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

Lightworks does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

TGV Edius does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

Sony Vegas does not add an edit when pausing playback on multicam.

At some point those kind of dishonest "don't call it broken if it's just not working the way you selfish person want to" reaction should really be avoided.

Not creating unwanted edit point with playback controls is as much as an industry wide unstated rule as the way JKL works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point would be that Premiere Pro works just fine. Adobe made it differently than you think it should have been, and differntly than Apple did. If it's that's not acceptable for you, there are other editors available. I'm simply asking that posts stating that Premiere Pro is "Broken" stop.

Is the way multicam works enough to stop you from using Premiere Pro? If you plan on staying with Premiere Pro/Adobe because it is the better overall editor, please file a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Then find the process that works best for you until a change is made.

If you stop the playback and a cut is made and the camera angle changes, simply select the angle you want to use before you resume playback. The cut is still there, but the angle will stay the same. Hope that helps a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extra cut is not efficient when you try to go and add effects or color correction. It may only be a couple of extra seconds to copy the filters to the other side of the cut, or roll out the extra cut, but for people that do this all day every day those couple seconds add up. So does the aggravation of it just not working in a logical way.

+1 for a vote to change this ASAP. I added a feature request. It is something that I consider a PPRO deal breaker. Double patching on tracks is another... but that is for another thread/feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what the benefit is for adding a cut when pausing playback.  What was Adobe trying to accomplish?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried what a user suggested earlier in the thread? Although it takes a little getting used to, it works for me perfectly.

"Before to stop the playback press the key 0 (zero) of the keyboard and then you can stop the play (with the Space bar) without the cut in the timeline."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree that it would be great if they changed the way mutlicam works as well. However the easiest way apply color correction/ other effects on multiple seperate cuts/clips is to use a adjustment layer then extend the adjustment layer over all the clips you wish to apply the color correction or other effect too. (This works best for me in most cases anyways)

Instead of having to put mutliple effects on several different clips in the timeline. However if you don't have Premiere cs6 this isn't a option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add my support to those that wish Premiere Pro worked as a multicam edit system in an NLE environment ..as opposed to a multicam edit system in a live event environment. eg live broadcast.

Editing multicam "on the fly" and fixing later is not a solution for any craft editor who does not want to fry their brains attempting it.

This has nothing to do with the FCP / Avid converts.

Premiere Multi cam editing  is  flawed as it is currently . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

I add my support to those that wish Premiere Pro worked as a multicam edit system in an NLE environment ..as opposed to a multicam edit system in a live event environment. eg live broadcast.

Editing multicam "on the fly" and fixing later is not a solution for any craft editor who does not want to fry their brains attempting it.

This has nothing to do with the FCP / Avid converts.

Premiere Multi cam editing  is  flawed as it is currently .

Wanting it to work differently is fine. It's the posts that make statements that make Premiere sound like it is un-usable or fataly flawed.

For the record, I've never disagreed that the change to multicam that people are asking for is the better choice. I've only disagreed with the way they go about voicing their opinions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DMH79 wrote:

That seems like a very honest and revealing statement about the disconnect of this product and its users if there is no middle men to relay the issues.

I'm the middle man. I relay the top issues to the team. I write bugs that have repeatable behavior. The engineers writing code do not usually have time to check out the forums, that's why I'm here. Sometimes we get the quality engineers to participate, but the content lead (me) and tech support folks are the ones on the forums most.

DMH79 wrote:

So just being nice about it doesn't seem to get anything accomplished. Granted, I'm glad you all are nice (thank you for that), but man, I hope you figure out a way to bridge that "gap" between those that address the users and those that fix the issues. The idea of it being added to some sort of abstract wish list is a joke.

Before I got into the software biz, I was an editor just like you. Back then, I found it hard to understand why fixes couldn't be made more quickly by companies like Apple or Avid. For example, some things about FCP never "got fixed" through seven full versions, and will forever remain broken, despite me being very vocal about those problems in forums like this. I found that an enhancement like the one you're requesting, might break several other things, or might require a full rewrite of the code for that interface. There are also priorities based on user feedback. We, as editors, can't know about these difficulties, but should be aware of them. Creating software is complex and time consuming. To change an interface feature, like the multicamera monitor, might take more than a few versions to satisfy editors.

The "wishlist" is not a joke. In fact, we read and consider every single feature request. Please don't think we don't care because a certain feature has not been changed according to your needs.

DMH79 wrote:

Well, I hope that changes quickly. One day you'll google search "Premiere Pro Multicam" and this post will pop up first and I'm guessing it would be a bad way to introduce people to the program if it doesn't have a big green SOLVED on the top. Trust me, like I said before, I'll be the first one to come in here and put it up there.

In the mean time, tap the 0 key before you hit the Space bar to pause playback. That should work for you while you wait for changes to the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines