• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide topics from Search?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some topics that I do not want to appear in a search string when a user initiates a word search from my webhelp project. Is there a way of doing this?

Some of my topics are additional or supplementary information that are not located in the TOC or Index but can be found when a user performs a search and I don't want this. Any way to hide the topic or assign some kind of conditional tag so that it's not included in the search?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006
From another post I made some time earlier this year:

Courtesy of a post elsewhere on this site, I found this TechNote, which explains how to hide such topics from the Search feature in WebHelp:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/rb_19940

In a nutshell, you tag each topic you want to exclude from the search, generate the output so that it excludes the tagged topics, copy a few files in the whdata and whxdata folders to another location, regenerate the output so that all topics are included, and th...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From another post I made some time earlier this year:

Courtesy of a post elsewhere on this site, I found this TechNote, which explains how to hide such topics from the Search feature in WebHelp:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/rb_19940

In a nutshell, you tag each topic you want to exclude from the search, generate the output so that it excludes the tagged topics, copy a few files in the whdata and whxdata folders to another location, regenerate the output so that all topics are included, and then overwrite those .HTM and .XML files with the files you copied from the whdata and whxdata folders.

(Whew! Got all that?)

The upshot is that the final version of the WebHelp project hides certain topics from the search feature but still includes them in the compiled project.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using WebHelp Pro, the steps are quite different! You should publish the ENTIRE project first, and THEN publish the files you want to exclude from the search feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, that's great. I'm just using Webhelp so these instuctions are just what I need.

thanks for finding that post and sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You're welcome. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp