Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not working in RH10 WebHelp with IE8

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My generated Webhelp results in TOC books that will not expand or collapse after navigating via the TOC.

It seems to work fine in Chrome, though.

Any ideas/workarounds/fixes?

Thx

-Matt

@mattrsullivan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt

Create another project to verify the same result. Zip the project and send it as per the contact page on my site I haven't got IE8 but I have got an emulator.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Peter, I'll follow with my client to send you a sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt

I just tested the RoboHelp Tour http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm with IE8 using an emulator.

The tour was created with Rh10. Test that using your real version of IE8. Also test a new project.

That will identify whether the issue the project or IE8.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for looking at this.

Peter, I used your RH Tour and had the same problem: Can open and close the books up until I select a Topic. Once a topic is selected opening and closing books no longer works. Therefore I'm left with selecting only the topics that are in open books. Selecting these 'open book' topics does work.

Your RH Tour works perfectly in Chrome.

Using Search in IE8 does not work.

In Chrome works perfectly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look again tomorrow following the specific steps. I am confused though by the fact that Matt posted the question and Dave is thanking Matt and I for looking at it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

FYI,

I'm the client Matt refers to in his second post here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just looked at this using an IE8 emulator and I can open a book in the RoboHelp Tour, click on a topic and it displays. Then I open another book and click on a topic, it displays. I can open and close books and select topics and everything works correctly including search.

John Daigle is with me and he has IE8 on a machine rather than an emulator and it is all working correctly there as well.

Everything is pointing to this being an issue with IE8 in your environment. Can you test from a machine in a different environment?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I'm inclined to agree with you that it's the environment I'm working in.

I will find another machine to perform another check but I think the answer is a forgone conclusion.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp