• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft HTML Breadcrumbs Format Issue

Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp v9, Latest patches installed.

When setting the format of the Microsoft HTML Help SSL, I have specified that the breadcrumbs do not Use topic level format, and that the separator will be " | " rather than ">".

However, when generating and viewing the help file, the breadcrumbs invariably display with " > ". No matter what I put into the Separator field, it is ignored.

Even though you can edit the Separator field, is it expected behavior that the breadcrumbs revert to the greater-than symbol?

Thanks for any insight on this one.

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure that you don't have any breadcrumbs enabled via a master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Jeff...

Yes, I have checked the master page associated with the topic. It does not have a breadcrumb placeholder on it. As far as I know that's the only way to have a breadcrumb on a master page.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just a shot in the dark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I appreciate the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried doing it for WebHelp and seeing if it "sticks" with your change? maybe it's a chm vs webhelp issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have mentioned that initially. Yes, when I generate webhelp, it does retain the " | " formatting as applied.

I guess that's what I'm wondering, if although the format can be set in the Microsoft HTML, it just overrides to the greater-than symbol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then that sounds like a chm issue then - check on Rick's robowizard website and on Peter's grainge.org site to see if it's a limitation of chms. I don't use them, so I can't tell you one way or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but it does look like a bug in Rh9.

I have just tested in a new project and get the result you report. Also any formatting you may apply is lost.

I also tested in Rh10 and the bug seems to have been fixed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp