Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I import .MOV files to Premiere CS6 on a Macbook Pro? Codecs needed

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been looking for answers for over an hour but nothing.

Please help. I am trying to import a file with the .mov at the end. When I try it I get this:

Codec missing or unavailable

What can I do? Yes I have the Quicktime installed (I have a Macbook Pro that's a couple of months old). The codecs in the file are MPEG2 Video, Timecode and Linear PCM.

Please help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, "MOV," is nearly meaningless, by itself. It is but a "wrapper," and it's what's insdie, that matters most.

What is the CODEC used in the MOV file? That will tell the tale.

It could be as simple as locating, downloading and installing that CODEC, or if, for instance, the CODEC is one specific to some version of Final Cut, one would need THAT program installed, to have access to the CODEC.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the CODEC used in the MOV file? That will tell the tale.

"The codecs in the file are MPEG2 Video"  Right there in the original post, Bill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

You are correct. I had missed that completely. My guess is that it's a flavor of MPEG-2, that does not exist on the Mac in question.

Thank you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a way to download the codecs for Mac for any of these?

MPEG2 Video, Timecode and Linear PCM.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mascanio,

Please try to change the extension of the file to "mpeg" and check whether you are able to import the footage or not.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This PrE FAQ Entry will give you a bit more background on "MOV," or "AVI," etc., as a wrapper: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/440037?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just convert mov to other formats like mp4 and import the videos to Premiere CS6

Follow this video guide:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines