• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 crashes all the time and especially when using the type tool... please help!

New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 crashes all the time and especially when using the type tool... please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any informattion on OS or computer spec. I would guess it is the video card driver.  Make sure it is updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked to give more info on my OS.... sorry about that.... I am running photoshop CS6 on my 27inch screen imac with 16 gigs of ram.

I had NO problems with CS5 photoshop. I hope this clearification will help me resolve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOW it is crashes after 5 mins of being open!   I think I made a BIG mistake with this update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a Mac you have to take whatever drivers are offered.

A post yesterday person had same problem.  Apple supplied driver was just bad.

What video card are you using?  Do you have another you can change to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I did not have this problem with CS5 or CS4, I can only assume something is not right with Photoshop CS6... below is my video card info:

ATI Radeon HD 4850:

Chipset Model:          ATI Radeon HD 4850

Type:          GPU

Bus:          PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:          x16

VRAM (Total):          512 MB

Vendor:          ATI (0x1002)

Device ID:          0x944a

Revision ID:          0x0000

ROM Revision:          113-B9110C-425

EFI Driver Version:          01.00.383

Displays:

iMac:

Resolution:          2560 x 1440

Pixel Depth:          32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:          Yes

Mirror:          Off

Online:          Yes

Built-In:          Yes

Connection Type:          DisplayPort

Cinema HD:

Resolution:          1920 x 1200

Pixel Depth:          32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number:          2A80273WXMN

Mirror:          Off

Online:          Yes

Rotation:          Supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ATI card should work.  Have you tried to diaable OpenGL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Radon driver to 8.96.0.0 (May 5, 2012)  for 4800 series card. Prior to the update had zero problems. Since update have had a couple of blue screens related to video driver. Also CS6 was crashing but more frequently I would get a garbeled screen on occasion. Disabled Open GL and PS seems fine now. Driver seems problematic on my system (Win 7  high spec components). Seems to be the ATI driver in my case.

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leuallen wrote:

I updated my Radon driver to 8.96.0.0 (May 5, 2012)  for 4800 series card. Prior to the update had zero problems. Since update have had a couple of blue screens related to video driver. Also CS6 was crashing but more frequently I would get a garbeled screen on occasion. Disabled Open GL and PS seems fine now. Driver seems problematic on my system (Win 7  high spec components). Seems to be the ATI driver in my case.

Larry

There have been reports that the catalist 12.4 is buggy.  Rolling back to 12.2 is a good solultion until they are fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled OpenGL and (and I quit Photoshop CS6) and re-opened it and after typing one word the program CRASHED like hooker the day after payday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any 3rd party fonts installed?  If so disable them.  Same for 3rd party plugins.

After that guess you need to look at crash report.  I really can not read Mac's very well.

Best to give a look and see if there is some program that jumps out at you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Curt,

Thanks for trying to help.

I am using APPLE's own found managment program cakked "Font Book".... and the other 3rd party plug in I am using is eyecandy.  They updated it for CS6... I guess I could diable that but I really need that plug-iin.... I think I will have to wait til apple or adobe fix this issue!

thanks.bily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcglone007 wrote:

I guess I could diable that but I really need that plug-iin.... I think I will have to wait til apple or adobe fix this issue!

thanks.bily

Just disable for a test.  If it still does not work then you know that is not it.

Waiting for Apple or Adobe to fix something will only work if they can reproduce the problem on their computers.  So you need to figure out what it is first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  However, I have a Dell Inspiron. Therefore, it's not just a Mac problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video card and driver do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure.  Where is this information located?  Note: I checked my updates and they are current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you have a font named "Bustle" installed?  Looks like you do from the crash reports.

We've indentified corruption in that font file as causing a particular problem inside CoolType, and are investigating a fix for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my fonts and I do not have bustle.  When it crashes, a Data Execution Protection box comes up...When I tried to follow the instructions to turn off  DEP, it wouldn't allow it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crud - that means that there's a second font that triggers the same problem.

Well, at least we'll fix both with the same CoolType fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with lagging when using the text tool in Photoshop CS6. Is this CoolType fix going to resolve these issues? Mine isn't crashing as of yet, but it certainly slows down productivity. Would disabling fonts cause this issue to be fixed?

I remember this happening with Photoshop CS5 when it came out as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajen - I have no idea, since you're having a competely different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know what the issue is really. When I start to use the text tool in CS6 it bogs down it seems. Writing text can cause the spinning beach ball of death to start or the abobe five circle of misery to act up with every text edit. The thing is, it don't happen all zee time soooo, I can't be sure what is the issue. I know, not much help. Buuuut it does sound a lot like the issue that had happened, oh way back in May 13, 2010. When there was issues in CS5. You made comments on it then, and it seems to be acting up again now in CS6.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2812493

Just trying to bring the issue to your attention as it seems as though it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ajen - ok, then post a new topic, because you have a different issue than what is being discussed in this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you figured out which font is the culprit yet? I am having the same issue. Only staredd after I got the license code. I have Vista which I'm wondering if thay's the issue....maybe? It seems to happen when I use the brush tool, however. It might be  a brush that I've downloaded? Please help. I have work that NEEDS to get finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me what I had to do was change the Type to East Asian. Was set on Middle Eastern. Go into prefrences/type and make the change there. Hope it helps with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines