• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating numbered/bulletted text in Photoshop.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I was wondering if it is posible to create numbered/bulleted text in photoshop, with indentation as it is done in MS Word.

I tried the paragraph palette but I cannot do indentation per single line:

I wanted to do something like this:

Just something like the text that appears to the left of the image of that house. The image displayed shows the various components of a water distribution system for a single home which collects rain water and deposits it in a storage tank. The only text that I have written in photoshop is the title and the web address.

This is for some course notes but I wanted to replace the original scanned text (which is in dark blue) for some photoshop text in black colour. But I want the text with the same indent format. Can this be done in Photoshop?

Could anyone please help?

Thank you for reading my inquiry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Photoshop can't automatically generate a numbered list. As stalion_two mentioned, you're probably better off using a word processor.

Try entering a negative value for the first line indentation as shown below. You may have to adjust this number according to which font size/type/weight you're using. You can see that it replicated the indentation in the screenshot you provided.

test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can use a pair of pliers to drive a nail, but it's the wrong tool for the job.

Photoshop is not a page layout application nor a word processor.  In this case Photoshop is the wrong tool for the job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops  the image did not upload properly.

Here is my message again:

I was wondering if it is posible to create numbered/bulleted text in photoshop, with indentation as it is done in MS Word.

I tried the paragraph palette but I cannot do indentation per single line:

I wanted to do something like this:

Dibujo.JPG

Just something like the text that appears to the left of the image of that house. The image displayed shows the various components of a water distribution system for a single home which collects rain water and deposits it in a storage tank. The only text that I have written in photoshop is the title and the web address.

This is for some course notes but I wanted to replace the original scanned text (which is in dark blue) for some photoshop text in black colour. But I want the text with the same indent format. Can this be done in Photoshop?

Could anyone please help?

Thank you for reading my inquiry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can't automatically generate a numbered list. As stalion_two mentioned, you're probably better off using a word processor.

Try entering a negative value for the first line indentation as shown below. You may have to adjust this number according to which font size/type/weight you're using. You can see that it replicated the indentation in the screenshot you provided.

test.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Kendallplant,

I will try your solution.

But would that work if the whole 3 points where in a single text box?

Or, would I have to draw a single text box per point?

Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from that, you can try InDesign for this. You're only placing a house image and adding text to it. You could use Photoshop for more complex purposes. InDesign can do this for you very easily. Have you tried it out?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-6da6a.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can place all the text in a single text box 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the kind of effect you're looking for, but you could try this indentation trick: http://www.ianhoar.com/2008/04/12/photoshop-tip-3-bullets-in-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines