12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2012 5:54 PM by LiliacLilac Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Photoshop crashes

LiliacLilac

Hello, I read your suggestion and it helped in terms of downloading. Now the error is similar to that of elements

http://i45.tinypic.com/15q2hb5.png

That screenshots shows the possible issue, but I dont understand what it means and what steps to take next. Should i uninstall everything again?

Edit: Whoops, had to blur out some names to respect the privacy of my friends.

• 1. Re: Photoshop crashes
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Branched this out to a new discussion and moved it to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.  It looks like Photoshop CS6 is crashing for you at some point.  Are you able to open the program?  Downloading refers to downloading the install files your error indicates Photoshop stopped working.

• 2. Re: Photoshop crashes
            the_wine_snob Community Member

To help us help you, please look over this article, and add the necessary information: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042147?tstart=0

Also, when PS crashes, what do you have in the way of error, or warning messages, in your Event Viewer, in both the Applications and System Tabs?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Photoshop crashes
              LiliacLilac Community Member

Well, as the screen shot shows I get the "Photoshop cs6 has stopped working..." error message. At first it wouldnt download, but Jeff's directions helped me work around error 109. Now it just wont open! At all! Same thing for elements. They both install with no conflictions (I restart promptly when it asks me too) I have no programs running in the background during the downloading progress and I have turned off internet security temporarily during the complete download progress. As you might have seen in a prior discussion screenshot, I have a Windows Vista 32 bit home basic, and its pretty up-to-date, the only things i skip are minor updates like "Upgrade to Internet explorer 9.0" Or such.

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA7D4.tmp.version.txt

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC281.tmp.appcompat.txt

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1D93.tmp.mdmp

Here are my system specs. Let me know if you need more

http://i47.tinypic.com/35i4tv5.png

• 4. Re: Photoshop crashes

No, unable to open either CS6 or Elements even though the downloading process showed no conflictions

• 5. Re: Photoshop crashes
                  Community Member

That computer, as currently configured, is totally inadequate.

For one thing, Windows Vista is not supported.

1 GB of RAM is totally inadequate even if the application launches.  The bare minimum is really 2 GB, 4 GB is a little better, 8 GB is definitely better and 16 GB and more is much, much better.

System requirements

Windows

• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
                  • Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
                  • 1GB of RAM
                  • 1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
                  • 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256MB (512MB recommended) of VRAM
                  • OpenGL 2.0–capable system
                  • DVD-ROM drive
                  • This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.

• 6. Re: Photoshop crashes

I have heard it is runnable in Vista, which is why I decided to try anyway. So what you are saying is if I upgrade the RAM I should be good? I'm still finding it a bit hard to let go of this computer, its never given me program issues outside of photoshop so I dont find the need to buy a totally new one....

• 7. Re: Photoshop crashes
                      Community Member

LiliacLilac wrote:

…So what you are saying is if I upgrade the RAM I should be good?…

Nowhere did I say that.  Read my post again.

I did not mean to imply that the Vista OS (which is definitely not supported, regardless of what you may have "heard"—"Runnable" is very different from supported anyway) and the RAM were your computer's only inadequacies.

What I quoted there are the absolute bare minimum requirements to run CS6.

And what I said, going out on a limb, was "That computer, as currently configured, is totally inadequate."

• 8. Re: Photoshop crashes
                        Community Member

LiliacLilac wrote:

…I'm still finding it a bit hard to let go of this computer, its never given me program issues outside of photoshop…

That's totally irrelevant.  We're discussing running Photoshop CS6 here, not earlier versions.

Ps CS6 is a veritable resource hog.  It demands tons of RAM, tons and tons of free hard disk space, enough disk space or even a dedicated hard drive for scratch files, and a very powerful graphics card with a lot of VRAM.

• 9. Re: Photoshop crashes

Alright then, thats a bit disapointing to hear. I will be saving my CS6 CD for the future. Thank you all for your replies and suggestions but it looks like nothing more can be done.

• 10. Re: Photoshop crashes
                            Community Member

During the first 30 days after your purchase, you can get your money back from Adobe.

• 11. Re: Photoshop crashes

No, I'm going to keep it, and purchase a refurbished Windows 7 laptop with the reccomended specs. I need photoshop for my career so i will just budget carefully while still getting a laptop that can run it efficiently

• 12. Re: Photoshop crashes

Until i get a Windows 8 desktop sometime next year