• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message: "Could not load Shockwave Flash"

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not load Shockwave Flash" error messages when attempting to view webpages.  I attempted downloading the Shockwave Player (and thought I had), but nothing happens, and I'm still receiving the same error message.  I'm working on a MacBook Pro using Mac OS X version 10.7.4, and Chrome is my browser.  I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please go to the following page and see if Flash animation loads? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Are you able to see the Flash Player version there?

Do you find this issue with Safari too?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and same setup. Mac OS 10.7.4, Macbook Pro running Google Chrome. This has been going on for over a month. This issue does not occur with Firefox or Safari, just Chrome.

Flash animation loaded on that page for me.

It is an intermittent problem, it doesn't happen all the time. For me it happens about 10-15 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time it did NOT work, and generated the error below

Screen Shot 2012-09-22 at 10.10.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks strange to me. It loads the second animation without any issues.

Could you please follow the steps provided in the following doc: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil, I've tried disabling both the first plug in and the second one, and still get the error.

I thought that maybe it was an OS10.7.4 issue, so I upgraded to OS10.8 yesterday. It didn't work I still get the "Could Not Load Shockwave Flash" error sporadically.

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro.

Many other people have this error and have just stopped using Chrome. I started a thread about it and so did many other people:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/chrome/could$20not$20load$20shockwave$20flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one should be disabled?

Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 5.44.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Disable the first one. And then close and open the browser.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work:

Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 8.14.01 PM.png

I disabled the first one, and closed the browser, then re-opened it, and still got the error.

Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 8.15.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem but, I don't seem to have 2 of the shockwave flash things in my chrome plugins. Is there something else that could be wrong? If so, how do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines