• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Known Issue: WebHelp on Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10

Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I noticed on the Known Issues and bugs page for RoboHelp 10 (http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/known-issues-rh-10.html) that there is a problem viewing webhelp on Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Does anyone have further information about this problem and possible solutions?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am surprised to see an item about a version of Windows that has not been released and have asked for more information.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That item has been removed and that does not surprise me as it relates to a version of Windows that is not yet released.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue with Robohelp 8 and IE 10 on a Win 8 machine. It works properly with FF and Chrome. Can anybody please tell me what is the problem? Is it related to Robohelp or IE 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 10 is not certified for Windows 8 or IE10 as neither have been finalised and released by Microsoft.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, it is not yet released, however software development companies that integrate with Microsoft are developing software--and Help--for IE 10. So for those of us who are attempting to architect Help for Windows 8 products using IE 10, our hands are tied if we want to use RoboHelp. That is, of course, unless Adobe has a patch to address this ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to see any help authoring tool support an unreleased version of Windows.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same position. We're testing our software with IE 10 right now, so that we can be prepared to support it. I just got a bug against our help system. Some sort of roadmap or statement of intent from Adobe would be helpful. All I can do is say that it's a known issue with RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread on Windows 8 and IE10. That has been reported to Adobe. The problem there is mixed results so pinpointing the issue is not easy.

You are saying a bug has been reported but not saying what it is. Can you share that?

There is a temporary fix in the other thread.

Rh10 was released before Windows 8 so it could not be tested against the final version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have posted too soon. Earlier today, one of our QA people got the error message "Error: failed to load xml file" when he tried to search the help in IE 10. But now he can't reproduce it. Makes me wonder if it was a problem with his environment. If it happens again, I'll get more information and post the specifics. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the other Rh forums. I think there have been some reports of that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Similar issue. I have Windows 7, IE 9, and RoboHelp 9. The webhelp does not display in IE 9. Is there a patch that you know of? Most of our clients use IE, so this gets frustrating. Webhelp displays fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No patch as there is not a problem with the combination. The problem is elsewhere.

What happens when you try to open the help? Does it fail to open at all or does it start and not complete?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, "It gives the following message:  HTTP Status 400: Inactivity Timeout. Please go to Help menu and start again." Which I did, but keep getting this error. In an announcement, you mentioned that Van Weelden has a patch: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/blog/2013/04/24/ie10-patch-robohelp-9-installation

Does that resolve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link, it says IE10, and you said you are using IE9.

That message suggests your upload or the call to the help is broken. Is this when the help is called from an app or does it happen if you open the help direct?

Try one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yea the message displays when we open the webhelp from the webserver. From the local machine, where I host the files, it opens fine in IE. It asks "Allow blocked content", when I click Yes, it displays everything. But when I access the webhelp from the web server, it does not give that same message, instead just displays the HTTP error. Is it blocking the content automatically on the webserver?

Also, if the fix that you provided works in IE10, I can download IE10. But wanted to know what could be going on with IE9 and if there is a workaround to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I opened the Sample project. It displays fine in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is not linked to the IE10 problem. 

How are you opening the help on the webserver? Double clicking in Windows Explorer to open it in IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the webhelp is a link on our customer website. We open the customer website by double clicking on a IE icon > typing the website in the address bar, and then navigating to the web help link, and click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put the output of one of the sample projects on your website to test. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

I suspect a server configuration problem and that will prove / disprove it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp