• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Powerpoint has encounterd a serious error in the add-in Presenter, do you want to disable it?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2010 Apr 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very common occurance when using Powerpoint 2007 and saving the file as PPT2003 (which I have to do to accomodate managment directives)

"Powerpoint has encounterd a serious error in the add-in Presenter, do you want to disable it?"  I keep selecting no, but it is pesky.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2010 Apr 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, and I have since I installed this add-in a month ago, honestly I am wondering why people use this product.  Others around me are not having this issue so I don't know what is going on.

I have called Adobe 3 times,

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Presenter - no luck

I tried disabling and enabling the add-in - no luck

I updated to version 7.0.5, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows  (make sure you install 7.0.1, then 7.0.2, then 7.0.5 in this order)  still had problems - but I did just find this post from 2009, and I am going to try starting a new presentation (updates would not help a current PP), which really is not great because I have a 60 slide class at this time.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2332717#2332717

Give it a try and let me know if it works or if you find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE - This issues occurs when you are editing an existing presentation that was made BEFORE Adobe Presenter 7 was installed.  On new creations, this error (see below) will not occur:

image001.jpeg

Steps to take:

1) Create a new presentation - Save it

2) Copy each slide over to this new presentation (Originals only, not the slides that already have presenter recorded audio)

3) Save

4) Re-record audio using Presenter

5) Save

6) Plublish locally to test

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable Presenter? I keep getting the serious issue message when I'm working in powerpoint and it is a pain. I don't use/need presenter - how do I make it go away?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Presenter is terrible software, causes PPT2007 to crach way too many times.  Adobe help is useless. Currently using Captivate...remains to be seen.  Adobe help is terrible.  They sell their products then abandon the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three of us are developing an E-learning course using Presenter V7.0.7 Build 7746. We are all on Windows 7 and Office 2010. We get this error daily and have to answer NO to this dialog box. Otherwise, we lose the Presenter option on the PowerPoint toolbar. It is a PAIN to get it back. The reply from Scott Biegel doesn't fix this problem for us because we are creating new PPT files using PowerPoint 2010.

This is one of many issues we've run into using this version of Presenter. One developer has uninstalled and reinstalled Presenter SEVEN times just to get rid of the errors and continue doing his job. If course he runs into errors again and then deletes the software and reinstalls it. This is so unacceptable and such a pain. We have also encountered the following issues when publishing files:

• Audio recordings clipping off the beginning of the narration when navigating from slide to slide
  • Swf files not playing correctly
  • Animations not working
  • When navigating back and then forward narration plays on top of each other
  • Error stating Runtime error 2147188160 (80048240)
  • Error stating - Adobe Presenter is unable to use the narration with this presentation. Presentation might be a read-only or might have been saved in a wrong version of PowerPoint

These are the errors I've kept. I know my colleagues have encountered more. We are crippled from using this product and our project timeline has been extended way beyond when we were supposed to have this project completed. We cross our fingers when we go into production hoping that we don't encounter any problems. Of course, we always do. It is totally unacceptable to have to deal with these issues using this product!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stopped using Presenter.  It has too many bugs and Adobe support is not at all helpful...unless you are willing to pay. I am using Captivate 5.0.  Much better, imports powerpoint ok.  It does have limited fuunctionality for those of us creating eLearning modules.  But, much better than Presenter...seems Adobe and Microsoft do not like to play well together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources