• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected error when working with this pres...

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, today, three of my colleagues around the US with Presenter 7 licenses can no longer save PowerPoint files or work with Presenter.  All of us successfully created courses last week.

We all get the "unexpected error" message telling us to "Try saving your work to a new file and restarting PowerPoint.  If the problem persists, consult the Help menu item..."  We get the message even if all we do is type one word on a slide and try to save the file.

We cannot open the Presenter Help menu... the same error message pops up.

So now we cannot save a PowerPoint file.  We cannot save a Presenter file.  We cannot record or import audio in Presenter.  No matter what we click on the Presenter toolbar, we get the same error message.  Nothing is working.

Help!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

The updater will only get you to 7.0.6. 7.0.7 was a major update, that took Presenter from an AS2 application to an AS3 application. I would recomend that you do the update process for 7.0.7, as it is "required" to use with Connect 8.1 and newer. Presentations published wit 7.0.6 and older should still work though.

The update process for 7.0.7 can be found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter.html

There is a link to download Product Updates, where you can get the installer for 7.0.7.

There is a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Presenter 7 (7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.5, 7.0.6 or 7.0.7)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ran all the updates, so I suspect I have 7.07.  Unfortunately, I cannot check now because every time I click on Help... About Adobe Presenter... I get the error message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updater will only get you to 7.0.6. 7.0.7 was a major update, that took Presenter from an AS2 application to an AS3 application. I would recomend that you do the update process for 7.0.7, as it is "required" to use with Connect 8.1 and newer. Presentations published wit 7.0.6 and older should still work though.

The update process for 7.0.7 can be found here: http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter.html

There is a link to download Product Updates, where you can get the installer for 7.0.7.

There is also the instructions for upgrading to 7.0.7 as a stand alone application or as part of a Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the ideas and links.  It took me a few days to find my Presenter 7 installation disk.

Unfortunately, after I uninstalled Presenter 7 and tried to reinstall it, I got another error message.  This time, it said it couldn't detect PowerPoint on my computer!

So I opened PowerPoint and saved a file, just to be sure it is still working.  And PowerPoint is working fine.

But now I can't install Presenter!  This is all quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soory for joining the discussion late.

Can you check the  PM.sent to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please refer to this blog for more information on this issue http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2012/09/mcafee-virus-alert-on-adobe-presenter-8.html

The issue was due to McAfee recognizing presenter dlls as a virus and because of it the dll was getting deleted

Please try re- installing presenter again

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I uninstalled Presenter 7, I was able to install Presenter 7.0.7.  Success!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources