Exit

Glossary Missing from RoboHelp 9 Output

Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9

Windows 7 64-bit

IE9

I am working on a web help project, and the glossary is missing when Help is opened from within the web-based program.

I copied the glo file from another project.

I renamed the glo using Windows Explorer.

I see the renamed file in Project Manager.

I generate the project. View the output. The glossary is present.

I copy all the files in the Web Help folder to the web-based application/program related to the Help project.

I open the program. I open Help. The glossary is missing.

In the program folder, I locate and open the index.htm file for Help using Windows Explorer. The glossary is present.

Can someone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal

Sounds to me as though you *think* all the files are being copied to the server, when in fact, they aren't.

How are you getting the files from your PC to the server?

• Manually copying using Windows Explorer?
  • Using an external FTP application?
  • Using RoboHelp's built in Publishing mechanism?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Good to hear from you again, and I appreciate your help.

One of the developers just left my desk, and the problem seems to be solved. He cleared the cache using a trouble shooter that I wasn’t familiar with.

With that said, I was using the two approaches below. The cache issue not withstanding, is there anything wrong with the approaches. I would like to know for the future so that I don’t try a similar approach if there for another problem.

I tried two different approaches.

I publish the project to C:\_OnlineDocumentation\56\WebClient\!SSL!\WebClient\index.htm.

I copy the WebClient folder.

I rename the folder help (using Windows Explorer), the name required by the web-based program. I put the renamed folder in the correct web program folder – C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ImageRight.Web.Client\[help].

Second method

I open C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ImageRight.Web.Client\help and delete all files in the folder using Windows Explorer.

I open WebClient and copy all files (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C). I paste all files in \ImageRight.Web.Client\help.

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

I'm guessing that you have shared the C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder so others may connect?

If so, I would think there could be problems with the second method as deleting the files would possibly "yank the rug from beneath the users" as they are attempting to use the help. I think the copy/paste method is safer. And actually, if you configured the publish option to point to that location, it would be a single click affair. Once WebHelp generated, click and zap the updated content to the new location.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp