• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export SWF from AE CS6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to export SWF files directly from AE CS3. But am having difficulty performing that same task in CS6. Under FILE/EXPORT there is an option to choose "Adobe Flash Player (SWF)". However, when I output the file it appears to start rendering, then almost immediately the render window dissapears. I don't receive any kind of error message at all. It simply creates an SWF file with no content in it. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled rasterization of unsupported features? If not, do so.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have already tried the rasterization mode. The process still didn't complete the rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a lot of different testing. And have even been in touch with Adobe Support. No resolution yet.

However, I did determine something interesting in all my testing. The layers that are causing the issue are the Photoshop layers. I I turn off all the Photoshop layers it outputs the SWF with no problem. But as soon as I turn on a layer that contains Photoshop, it doesn't render. Actually, it renders up until the point that the Photoshop element is introduced. So for some reason it does not like the Photohop CS6 file I'm pulling from (and yes, I do use the rasterization mode). It's an 8-bit RGB file. So I tried converting to 16 and 32-bit, but that didn't solve the problem either. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having ussues. I have been unable to export an SWF file from AfterEffects if my composition includes any Photoshop CS6 Layers. Does anyone have ANY ideas or suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I "solved" this issues.. I put everytime to the bottom layer with fractal noise (no purpose at all) but when its there, it renders ok. Strange but it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent over an hour on the phone with Adobe support. Long story short... the tech was able to reproduce the same issue on his computer. Which means it's probably a "bug". They are escalating the issue to the next level. Will hear back from them in 48 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround you could try opening the PSD/s in Photoshop and go to File - Scripts - Export Layers to Files.  Then choose something like PNG-24 or TIFF, anything with an alpha channel, and click preserve transperency and turn off trim layers if you want to bring them back into AE in the exact same place or use trim to crop them, but then you'll have to reposition everything.  I personally never use PSDs in AE because they're so big and tend to slow down AE performance more than standard image files.  Here's a screenshot of the settings I usually use when bringing Photoshop layers into AE.  I generally use PNG-24 because the file size is small and they're extremely good quality.

Export_Layers_To_Files.png

This screenshot is taken from my new blog where I did a short tutorial about working with image sequences in PS & AE.  if you're curious or want more info check it out here:

http://benmarkus.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/working-with-image-sequences-in-photoshop-after-effects-cs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was going to be my solution if I couldn't get Adobe to solve the problem. I have a couple more weeks before my project was due...so I figured I'd wait to hear back from Adobe. All I have left to do is render eight different SWFs. I didn't want to invest any more time into if I didn't have to. I did receive a call from Photoshop this morning. They determined that it is in fact a bug in the software, and are now working on it. However, they didn't want to speculate how long it would take.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your solution is the route I'll go if I don't hear back from Adobe in the next week or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always do it this way from the beginning when working on any project in between Photoshop and After Effects.  And, if I need to change something I just do it in Photoshop, reexport it with the script and replace the footage.  I've also had horrible issues using PSDs in After Effects and I've never had to deal with anything when using that Photoshop script.  The bug fix might not happen for a while, so I'd suggest this route in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this problem. I am having the same issue and would certainly like a resolve to this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has not yet been resolved. In fact, I received an email from Adobe on Sep 10 which stated:

"Hi Jim,

The problem you are experiencing there is actually because of a bug & the engineering team is still working on it. The bug number is 3208489.  We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. "

For my project I ended up rebuilding everything in CS3 and exporting the SWF from CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim. Glad they are at least working on it. I rebuilt my whole project in AE5 and no problems with it. I am glad I still have it around. I always keep my older version around just for a situation like this. Heres hoping they fix it soon. Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into the same issue. I ended up exporting my project to lossless .mov, opening a new project with same comp size and then exporting that as .swf. Seems to work that way. I have to run it through the test screen before I push live but that may be my work around for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that works and I already had that one figured out. Problem is the finished SWF is way to large in size to properly work with. I had SWF in CS5 that was 1.1 MB when properly exported. When I tried it the way you mentioned in CS6 it was almost 70 MB. Way to big. Thanks for the advice but I have tried many ways to do it and have had no luck. This is an Adobe bug that they will need to do a fix for. Until then I will use AE CS5 which works just fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True enough. Some of the files worked for me even though they are overly large and some are just way too big to be used. Sadly I only have CS6 here so I'm trying to find ways to make it work. It's quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know. But I am using some of them for web development and they would slow down my loading time of the site to a crawl. And if you had dial up, you could probably never get the site to load. To bad you don't have a previous version of AE cause it works great in all other versions. Hopefully It will get fixed in an update soon. As you read earlier in this conversation. Adobe is aware and are apparently working on a fix. Glad it is just more than 1 person with the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would defenitely make a mess of things. Here's hoping for a quick resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same problem, although it was crashing at the point where new layers of Illustrator files started. Even when I re-rendered those as .png files, it still crashed at that point.

WORKAROUND: I found that if I rendered the whole thing as a movie file, imported the movie back into the project, and then opened that movie as the only layer in the comp, the export to SWF worked fine. Granted, it's not truly a vector file output, but worked great for my purposes. Comp was 1920x1080 and worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I know of that work around. I know of a few other workarounds but the finished file size ends up being to large. Any image file and it will not work, but remove the images and no problem. My problem is that I am using the SWF in a website I am creating and the file size is to large to use in the site. A large amount of visitors to the site are rural and some are still on dial up. It would never load for them or take forever. I have CS5 AE which still works as it should so I am lucky in that sense. But I would certainly like to use CS6 AE as I have paid for it and AE is one of the programs I use a lot of the time. It has always been a very useful tool in my arsenal. I have contacted Adobe in regards to this and am awaiting a response back from them today. My hopes are for a fix as I am not the only person with this problem. I have tried the uninstall and reinstall of the program with the same end results. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it is just a minor bug and Adobe can fix it quickly with an update. I will post back after I hear from Adobe.

Just got off phone with Adobe and they are escalating it to the higher ups. The wonderful person I dealt with was able to recreate the exact result I have been getting. She told me she was moving it up the food chain and I would hear back from them in the next couple of days. I will continue to update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me. The workaround produce a file thats about 10 times bigger. Any other solutions. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any other work around for this currently. I have been using CS5 AE which works just fine. But I do realize that most people do not have that convenience. I have personally talked to Adobe they are working on a fix for it. But I will assume we just have to be patient. Hopefully you can get a work around from someone esle on this forum. I never did find a suitable one for CS6 AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It dawned on me that I have heard nothing recently from Adobe about the bug we are all experiencing. They are supposedly working on it. However, when I go to my support "cases" at Adobe.com it shows the status of the case as "Withdrawn". Whatever that means. I'll go back through my emails and reply back to the techs that sent me the email saying it was officially a bug, and that they were working on it. I'll let you all know if I hear back from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the emails from Adobe in regards to this bug. Here is the email I received:

Hello Don,

This is in regards to the issue that you are facing in exporting  the .swf files from After effects CS6.

It is a bug and Development team is working on this issue.

The bug number is 3345048.

We will release the fix for this in the next update.

I am closing this case as of now.

If have any queries , please feel free to get back to us on 1-800-833-6687

I then receive this email within hours of receiving above noted email:

Adobe Case Update and Feedback Opportunity

Your Adobe ID: Fyredept

Your Case Number:XXXXXXXXXXX

With this response, we believe your issue is resolved and have therefore closed your case XXXXXXXXXX.  If your support case has not been completed to your satisfaction or you should you need to contact us on this issue again, please reference your case number. You can reopen your case up to 14 days after it has been closed.

Your feedback is important to us. Please take a moment to let us know how we're performing against your expectations by completing our survey.

Take the survey

To review your case history or reopen the case, log in to the Adobe Support Portal online and look for your case number in the "recent activity" section. If you have difficulties logging in, consult the Adobe ID and Membership FAQ.

Thank you,

Adobe Customer Care

To date nothing from Adobe either in the form of a fix or time frame for that fix. Looks like I will need to call again and push the issue a little. Not to much though as to tick them off and not get a fix. I will continue to keep on this with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, even with the last updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines