• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yorgison

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a Flash Player installation (Windows XP) error of "The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered" - is the 36 line registry listing provided on the associated HELP page what my registry should be edited to?  It is not clear if the provided registry listing is correct for ALL versions of Windows . . .  AND what is the significance of the occasional green text in the provided registry listing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What registry listing; I do not know where you see that.

See this article regarding Windows permission problems: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Running recommended procedure http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370 resulted in the following Web page error indication during Flash Player download:

Line 1

Error: 'ActionLaunchAdobe' is undefined

2. Help page http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

provides alternate installer “Install_flash_player_ax.exe from download.macromedia.com” which solved Web page download error described as “Progress bar hangs during download”.

3. Above alternate installer (Step 2) results in error of "The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered" which gets back to Step 1 (Initial Problem)

NOTE: I have tried a Flash Player unistall; however the following install resulted in the same errors.

Note: I have tried disabling my virus scan protection but that did not seem to help problems.

Note: Internet Explorer version 8.0.6001.18702; Windows XP SP3; Norton Security

NOTE: Please explain purpose of providing registry listing (36 lines) under error of "The Flash Player ActiveX control could not be registered" on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html  ALSO please explain significance of text in GREEN.

Is there any program which removes old Flash Player entries in the registry?  Any recommendation for dealing with this installation problem would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yorgison - You can try running the stand alone Flash Player uninstaller that you can find here: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

As for the FAQ instructions, try skipping step 1. Does the batch file run properly?  After step 6, are you able to install?  Note, you might have to use the alternate installer like you've done previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLASH PLAYER INSTALLATION PROCEDURES, SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS, TROUBLESHOOTING AIDS ON THE ADOBE.COM WEBSITE DO NOT APPLY FOR INSTALLATION TO SYSTEMS WITH INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8.0.6001.18702!

FLASH PLAYER CAN NOT BE INSTALLED IN A SYSTEM WITH ONLY INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8.0.6001.18702 WITHOUT FIRST DOWNLOADING THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE!

After spending hours trying to reinstall the Flash Player on my system after it was rendered inoperative by an Adobe Update, I contacted Adobe phone support and agreed to pay $39 to see just what had to be done to my computer to successfully reinstall the Flash Player (after the player had been functional for years).  I was told that it could not be done without either loading Google Chrome or some other third party software.  Why is it that Adobe does not state this clearly on its Flash Player Installation web pages AND include this information under the specified SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.  How do the company executives sleep at night when customers, who can not install their product on a sytem meeting the stated System Requirements and using the published installation procedures, are required to pay a support charge to find out that the product will not install properly without additional third party software first loaded on the computer.  It is obvious to me that Adobe has acquired to big a share of the computer software market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no need to download any 3rd-party software to run Adobe Flash Player on Internet Explorer!

Are you saying that after downloading Google Chrome, Flash Player now works on Internet Explorer 8...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

However, you indicated in your initial post that you have registry permission problems.  These are not caused by the Flash Player update, but they do prevent the installation of the Flash Player update.

In order to address your registry permission problems, you will need to use the Microsoft tool SubInACL (or do the registry editing manually).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines