Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The webpage cannot be displayed" and chm problem in WebHelp Output

Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm Kelvin, I am new to RoboHelp, can anyone help to solve the problem I encountered when using RoboHelp 10? I am using the RoboHelp 10 Trial Version to open an old WinHelp projects. After I generate the WebHelp output, when I click some of the topics in the left menu, the browser shows "The webpage cannot be displayed".

For those inaccessible items, I'd found that the URLs are strange like "C:\{Project Location}/HTMLHelp/!SSL!/WebHelp/‟-.chm::/{FileName}.htm". where the link had inlcuded a chm related characters.

However, for the items I can access, the links show as normal as "C:/{Project Location}/HTMLHelp/!SSL!/WebHelp/{project_folder}/{FileName}.htm".

Sometimes, I'd also found that there are some strange characters in front of the chm like "酀疮ᆐ끙疪-.chm::/".

I am using Windows 7 32-bit OS with the trial version of RoboHelp downloaded from adobe.com. And I browsed the output with IE 9 and Firefox 14, and the problem exists in both.

One more supplement information: My colleague had used the trial version of RoboHelp 9 to open the same project source files and everything works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have somehow set things up to link to a CHM. Try working with the sample projects first. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, thanks very much for your feedback on my question.

Actually, I'd tried the sample projects when I started using RoboHelp at the begining. Moreover, I'd also tried to create some blank projects myself to test the funcionality of the Software.

Yet, I have some existing WinHelp projects and I would like to import those contents and re-generate the Help in WebHelp format using RoboHelp. However, when I use RoboHelp 10, I'd encountered the problem mentioned above. Furthermore, my colleague had tried to import those projects using RoboHelp 9 and it works in order. Do you have any view on such difference between RoboHelp 9 and RoboHelp 10?

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not aware of any changes that would affect the import of your old WinHelp projects.

I am also puzzled that you have WinHelp projects with links to CHMs. Please confirm you are importing a WinHelp project that was compiled from RoboHelp for Word? If it was not, how was the WinHelp compiled?

The links are pointing to files that are on a hard disk so they would not work anyway when the help is distributed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp