Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Exporting Text Fields to Excel

Level 1

I have a dynamic pdf form I created with a table.  Each cell in the table has a text field for data entry.  Once data has been entered, is there a way to select and export those embedded text field cells to Microsoft Excel.  Have dug for two days with no luck.  Thanks much.

6 Replies

Level 1

wow. 59 views, zero replies.  This must be impossible.

Level 10

Hi,

you can use Acrobat to export the form data as XML file.

Those XML file than can be open from Excel which will convert it into a spreadsheet.

Or you save the form as xlsx file from Acrobat's File menu.

Level 1

When I export to XML file, I get none of the informaiton I have from my text fields.

In a test document I did, with one simple table, with one row with three colums it won't export the data to XML.

My version of Adobe is 8.3, there is no save as option to .XLSX format.  I don't believe my Adobe 9 Pro version at work has it either.

Can't export to Word in Adobe Pro 9, get Save As error when trying to save.

I have tried every possible combination of options with no luck in Adobe.

If you have an example of how this is done, could you please provide.  Or at least go into a little more detail on how to export the file to XML so that Excel actually opens the file with usable text.

Now 90 views with no solutions. I still think this fits into the "Impossible to do with Adobe" category.

Level 10

Hi,

I don't have AA9 so I cannot check what formats exactly are supported, but I believe an Excel format (xls or xlsx) is available.

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobatforlifesciences/2009/03/converting_a_pdf_file_to_excel/

http://blogs.missouristate.edu/techtalk/2011/06/02/adobe-acrobat-professional-version-9-10-tips-for-...

For the export it's crucial that the fields binding has not been set to 'None' in Designer.

Level 1

Tip #2 at the link you provided below does not work with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9. 

I created a table in LiveCycle, saved file as untitled.pdf.  Opened untitled.pdf with AA9 which showed the table, however when I used Tip #2 I get a warning saying "Save as was unable to find tables in this document. No file was created."

So, is there a fix?  What I have is a fillable PDF that I want to save the table as an Excel file for other uses. 

If you have an example pdf with a table that can be exported to Excel I would certainly appreciate a copy of it.  I am almost back to the point where I am forced to use Microsoft Word.  My Word document is 90 percent complete, but my PDF is 95 percent.

Thanks for any reply.