• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to start CF Builder 2

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed ColdFusionBuilder_2_WWEJ on a  Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 6.1 System. jre-7u7-windows-x64 and jre-7u7-windows-i586 are already installed. The Builder get startet on one terminal session, but on all other sessions pops this error: Can anyone Help please!

...See the log file... \configuration\123.log

!SESSION 2012-09-24 14:59:56.315 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_29

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-09-24 14:59:57.220

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Thanks

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the version of Eclipse inside CFBuilder 2 is still on Java 6.  Try installing Java 6 instead of 7 to see if it resolves your issue.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please do the following and see if it works?

Close CF Builder and then rename the following directory

<user.home>/Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 Configuration

After this start the CF Builder back.

Thanks,

Krishna

ColdFusion Team

This hint doesn't work

Carl Von Stetten schrieb:

I think the version of Eclipse inside CFBuilder 2 is still on Java 6.  Try installing Java 6 instead of 7 to see if it resolves your issue.

-Carl V.

This note I have to try asap.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Carl V.

Doesn't work, still same error.

!SESSION 2012-09-27 10:21:10.768 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.6.0_29

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-09-27 10:21:11.673

!MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service.

Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking at the original post again, I realized that CFBuilder ships with Java 6 JRE included in the installation, and that is what CFBuilder is using (rather than the Java 6 or 7 you installed separately).  I wonder if the JRE that installed with CF Builder is damaged in some way?  Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to tell CFBuilder to use a different JRE (like you can in ColdFusion itself).  However, if you're feeling adventurous, you can try the approach Paul Kukiek used to upgrade his CFBuilder installation to use Java 7: http://blog.kukiel.net/2011/08/how-to-upgrade-coldfusion-builder-2-to.html.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to tell CFBuilder to use a different JRE

You can just set the VM in CFBuilder.ini, eg:

-vm

C:\java\jdk1.7.0_07_32bit\bin\javaw.exe

(before the -vmargs line)

There are blogs that say this doesn't work, but it works fine for me (CFB 2.0.1 stand-alone).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adam,

You rock!!!  I had looked at the CFBuilder.ini file, and didn't see an argument in there for pointing to the internal JVM, so I assumed there wasn't a way to do it.  Thanks for correcting that misapprehension.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool!

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.png

Thats the result, this error throw CF Builder2 now on each session. Cut off the "-vm C:\..." and one session can start CF Builder 2 but the other sessions became the error from first post. I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZweKfm, going back to your original post (and as hinted at here in your last note), you are installing CFB on Windows 2008 Enterprise, and then trying to access it using terminal services. To be clear, do you mean via a remote desktop session, where 2 different users are remoting in and trying to use it? Or by terminal services might you mean something else? It may help to clarify.

And are the two different users (“sessions” as you refer to them) perhaps trying to use the same workspace at the same time? If so, I would not be surprised if that may be an unusual use case that may not be supported (or not supported well, even if they don’t specifically exclaim it.) So one thing to try is to make sure each user at least uses their own workspace, so there’s no contention or sharing problems.

Please clarify a little more, and perhaps others watching the thread may have new thoughts if they’d not noticed this subtlety to what you seem to be trying.

/charlie

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4760706-239917/415-604/error.png <http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-4760706-239917/error.png>

Thats the result, this error throw CF Builder2 now on each session. Cut off the "-vm C:\..." and one session can start CF Builder 2 but the other sessions became the error from first post. I'm confused.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've chatted with Adobe support and they said that Adobe Coldfusion Builder 2 is NOT server compatible.

Thanks in advande for all yout hints!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please do the following and see if it works?

Close CF Builder and then rename the following directory

<user.home>/Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 Configuration

After this start the CF Builder back.

Thanks,

Krishna

ColdFusion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation