Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 9 hangs when creating WebHelp from an RH 8 file

Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened several files which had been created using RH8 on our newly acquired RH9. They all appeared to upgrade successfully. I then went into RH9 to Generate/Publish these files to ensure that all the data was there.

All files then successfully Generated/Published except for one. RH9 stalled on the Generating WebHelp popup whilst "Updating files...". I tried this for both Generating and Publishing and the same occurred for both, with the green progress bar stopping in the same place each time.

Cancel was not available and clicking X on the popup gave me the windows "End Program" popup telling me that the 'program is not responding'. Clicking the End Now button then closes RH9.

Is there anything particular I should check in the file in question? The fact that the other files don't have a problem suggests that it's this file and not the environment etc. Is there anywhere to look to see what the problem actually is?

Thanks,

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Fixed now. Removed all the sub-directories for the project at fault. Added each sub-directory one at a time, Generating/Publishing before adding the next one. When the G/P failure re-appeared that would identify the sub-directory at fault. Managed to add them all back in with none of them failing.

Don't know why it didn't work, don't know what's happened to make it work now, but it does look as though it's back as it should be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed now. Removed all the sub-directories for the project at fault. Added each sub-directory one at a time, Generating/Publishing before adding the next one. When the G/P failure re-appeared that would identify the sub-directory at fault. Managed to add them all back in with none of them failing.

Don't know why it didn't work, don't know what's happened to make it work now, but it does look as though it's back as it should be.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp