Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should I know about FMR ?

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v5.5

Up to now I have never used FMR but am planning on creating some short and sweet "how to" projects and the FMR seems ideal.

From what I see you cannot edit the FMR project i.e. add any textboxes, highlights etc  - what you record is what you get.

So I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum who uses FMR on a regular basis that might be able to give me a few pointers based on experience - things to do, things to avoid, tips and tricks etc. 

As always, thanks in advance....

Noel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

Yeah, FMR is a bit tricky and we have always advised against it. But I believe you are mistaken about being unable to add the other Captivate elements. It's trickier to do because you don't have the screen showing where objects are when you insert things like Text Captions, Click Boxes and the like. I think you have to click and drag to scrub the playhead, then note the position and adjust blindly. Rinse and repeat. But I believe the objects CAN be added.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I will try adding elements using the method you suggest.

Thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

You are right, you can add elements but as you say it is very hit and miss and time consuming.

Most likely will try another software for what I need. Snagit looks as if it will do the job.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel

While SnagIt may work, it won't have the sleek editing features you want. I'd strongly suggest looking at its cousin, Camtasia Studio. It rocks for that type of stuff!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your are right.

I played around with Snagit Video this morning and quickly found out the limitations. I will have a look at Camtasia Studio.

Is it easy to work with ?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, *I* think it is. But then again, I'm not sure I represent the average user. I play a lot with different software.

For full motion capture and ease of use with working with it, it beats the pants off Captivate. Then again, Captivate 6 is trying to give it a run for the money. But as good as the chages are, it's still not quite there yet IMHO.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you think it is good, then that is all I need to know.

I will give it a whirl...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources