• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are PDFs not opening?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A course was published with several PDFs using Presenter 7. The PDFs open when viewed on the LMS.

In an effort to decrease file size I've gone back into the course using a newly purchased version 8 and added PDFs that were lower in file size. The course is republished locally (I also worked locally), uploaded to the LMS and tested. Of the 16 PDFs I can get 1 or 2 to open- that's it.

I've tried deleting the resource folder and deleting the files seen under Settings and starting fresh with the same outcome.

I've also manually added the PDFs to the resource folder with the same outcome.

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you adding the files as hyperlinks or attachments?

Also which browser are you using? If chrome, can you try mozilla or IE.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to open the PDFs when testing by playing the content from your local C drive, you are likely encountering Flash Security Settings blocking the links.

Take a look at the link below for more:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding them as attachments. I'm uploading them to the LMS so not viewing them locally and using Internet Explorer 9. What's so odd is that only some of the PDFs open.

The PDFs open on their own - outside of any course.

I don't know what else to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I am not able to understand when you are saying that a few pdf's open and others do not.

It would be good if you can mail the presentation package so that I can look into your issue

Please mail it to mkalyanp@adobe.com. If the package is very huge please upload it to acrobat.com

I will try to look into your issue

Thanks

Mahesh Nayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources