• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compiling WebHelp from command line fails with multiple Template Errors

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to compile a WebHelp project using the RHCL command. I have RoboHelp HTML 9.0.2.271, running on Windows 7, and the project compiles fine from within the GUI. However, although the first part of the compilation (processing, updating, etc.) works using RHCL, the part where the WebHelp 5.50 template is applied is full of errors. For example:

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_LoadingData

..Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_MergeError1

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_MergeError2

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_JS_alert_ProjectLoadingFail

..Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_PreTooltip in D:\CUACV9\Administ

rator WebHelp\!SSL!\WebHelp\whtopic.js

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_NextTooltip in D:\CUACV9\Administr

ator WebHelp\!SSL!\WebHelp\whtopic.js

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_Show_Navigation_Component in D:\CU

ACV9\Administrator WebHelp\!SSL!\WebHelp\whtopic.js

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_Hide_Navigation_Component in D:\CU

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_Show_Navigation_Component in D:\CU

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_Hide_Navigation_Component in D:\CU

Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_LNG_SyncTocTooltip in D:\CUACV9\Admini

strator WebHelp\!SSL!\WebHelp\whtopic.js

If I delete my !Language! folder, I get what looks like the same errors within the RoboHelp GUI.

I have tried a couple of the "solutions" that I found online: copying RoboHHRE.lng from the relevant !Language! subfolder to the project folder, and changing the project to a different language and back to the one I want to use. But all to no avail.

Does anyone know of a solution, please.

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macro errors are usually caused be permissions issues. There is a Command Line Generation article by Bill Albing hosted on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.

My cmd window is created with administrative privileges.

Yes, I have seen Bill's article (that's how I found out about RHCL!), but he doesn't mention privileges or permissions.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread seems to have the same errors at the end with no further response.

http://adobe.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/3757759?tstart=0

I'll ping a couple of people to see if they can help.

Is your output WebHelp or WebHelp Pro?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. I don't have an answer, but I helped someone last year with something similar. I'm not sure if it was related to using the RHCL, an LNG file problem, or in anyway related to RoboHelp Server. But I'll ping the person at Adobe that I had worked with previously and see if we can resolve this.

Ian, have you reported this to Adobe Technical Support? If so, it would help if you could send me any case numbers or contacts to my email (see my profile). Also, as Peter mentions, we need to know to what kind of server the RHCL is trying to communicate with. Were you ever able to publish from the RH client to your web server in the conventional way? This would help validate that the permissions from your machine are valid. I'm a networking novice, but it does have the look of a permission thing.

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI John,

Thanks for your mail.

No, I have not reported this to Adobe Technical Support.

I am producing WebHelp with both source and output on my laptop. There is no separate web server involved in the process.

Everything works fine (and has always worked fine) from the RH GUI, although it appears (I haven't looked in detail) that I can replicate the problem there by deleting !Language!

In the past I have manually generated the help and then copied the relevant folders to another machine.

I have just started investigating RHCL because my development team would like to be able to automate Help creation so that it is part of the s/w build process.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Have you heard anything from your Adobe contact?

As mentioned, all my RH publishing work is done within my laptop, with manual copying of files to remote servers after they have been generated.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Ian

Sorry to be AWOL. I've been on the road for quite some time and I'm behind on this. Let me ask again and I'll get back.

john

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help!

I am trying to produce WebHelp.

Everything works fine from the RH GUI, but not from CMD.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I just wondered if you’d had any luck with your pingings?

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John did respond to you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! He was your ping.

John's response did not contain a solution, and I did respond back to him.

I will chase him to see if he has heard anything from his Adobe contact.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

even in older version of RoboHelp we do get such an error if we do not generate WebHelp output from RoboHelp UI even once and directly try to generate from RHCL.

for any new project at least generate WebHelp once and try RHCL after that, please update if you still get such errors.

Hope this will help

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish,

The project I am trying to compile with RHCL is one I have compiled many times (and still can compile) using the GUI. It is not a new project.

What do you mean by "update"? I am using 9.0.2.271.

Thanks and regards.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9 is no longer the current version with the release of RH10 - maybe that's the "update" RoboAsh is talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Jeff...

However, as my RH9 is part of TCS3, I don't think I'll be able to persuade my company to cough up over £700 for an upgrade on the off-chance that something that should work in my current version actually will do in the latest.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got a spare machine kicking around, it might be worth it to pull down the trial version & play with it using a copy of your project to see how it performs.

Regarding the upgrade cost - our organization bought a 2 year upgrade plan (which includes bronze support thrown in too) for less than that I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ian,

Can you please confirm if you or anyone else has done any changes to the files kept in "whxdata" folder in your RoboHelp install folder or by any change you have updated the lng xml file of your project?

by the way by update I just meant the RoboHelp 9 updates and not upgrading to RoboHelp10.

but I would be tempted to talk about the new features like multiscreen output - it can produces highly customizable outputs which can be viewed on any modern device like tablets or smart phones.

Regards

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your help!

No, no one has touched the files in the whxdata folder (I didn't even know of it's existence until I searched for it following your mail).

As for the  RoboHHRE.lng file, I have tried the solutions from http://forums.adobe.com/message/2279210, which involved placing a copy of the file in the project folder and adding the following line to the file:

<element name="FtsMaxResult" value="Search results per page" />

The current situation is that both files exist and both include that line.

I have not been able to compile from RHCL in any configuration.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Good news! A colleague of mine has solved this problem!

The key is to use the full path name of the RHCL command.

I was using

rhcl "D:\XYZ\Administrator WebHelp\WebAdmin.xpj" -l WebHelp

but this generated the errors I reported.

However, the following works perfectly:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\rhcl" "D:\XYZ\Administrator WebHelp\WebAdmin.xpj" -l WebHelp

The quotes are needed because of the spaces in the path to RHCL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We get a similar error with template when compiling with RHCL. We use RoboHelp 11.

Initial issue:

Preparing to create WebHelp...

Preparing files for WebHelp...

Copying files...

Warning: "D:\TallyHelp\rel-5-5\te9_5-5\" cannot be copied to" D:\Output\RoboHHRE.lng". reason: source does not exist.

Updating files...

Towards the end it shows template errors as given in your post.

However, these did not seem to show any issue with the compiled WebHelp.

Noticed this with a project created in an older version of RoboHelp and migrated to RoboHelp 11. The same template issues are shown when compiling from the UI too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp