• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set up a project for multiple platforms (desktop & mobile)?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to get started with several new projects (games), and have decided to switch from FlashDevelop to Flash Builder for these.  They will all be released for PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

I see when I create a new project, I can either choose desktop or mobile as the type.  Is it possible to have a single project that will export for all of these platforms, or will I need two projects for front-ends that both share (import/reference) the game's main source?  How would I go about structuring something like this?  They will all be ActionScript projects, not mxml.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Happy to hear that you are making a switch from Flash Develop to Flash Builder.

Yes, Flash Builder do provide that feature of creating muliple build targets.

So for multiple build targets, go to Apple-iOS/Google Android under ActionScript Build Packaging under Project propeties.

By default, there will only one target "device" and user is allowed to create custom targets for iOS and Google Android with custom certificates/Native extensions.

You can use these targets at Run/Debug and export release time.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hari,

thanks for the information, but are you just talking about mobile builds?  I was hoping there'd be a way to have a single project for iOS, Android, PC and Mac.  How do people usually set up FB projects when targetting all 4 platforms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Generally when an ActionScript Mobile/ Flex Mobile project creation is used for launching/packaging it for mobile devices both Google Android and iOS.

For packaging the application for desktop(Win and Mac) creating a Flex Project/ActionScript project with Desktop as the application type.

Thanks,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that, and even said it in my original question.  What I'm asking is how to have ONE set of source for each game, and be able to build it for ALL of those platforms.

From my original post:

Is it possible to have a single project that will export for all of these platforms, or will I need two projects for front-ends that both share (import/reference) the game's main source?  How would I go about structuring something like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharon,

Flash Builder currently requires to create separate projects for Web,Desktop and Mobile applications.

Creating a single project for all platforms is a nice feature.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pity.  I hope it will be considered in a future release.

So is there a way that I could have a project for each, but still reference/share the bulk of the game source?  Perhaps in the way a project uses a third-party library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines