• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8: Asks for Internet log in when hosted in LMS

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter 8 output works fine when viewed locally. But when the SCORM file is hosted in LMS, before the first screen appears, it asks for internet connection... - "Please login to access the internet."

Similar files made using Presenter 7 were hosted in the same LMS before and they got launched without any issues...

Please provide any insights...this is an urgent request...

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Please upload a Screenshot and Did you try a different LMS ?

Thanks,
Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image004.jpg

Here is the screenshot.. Trying a different LMS is not possible. Nevertheless, this issue was not existing when the same LMS and Presenter 7 was used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

Is there any setting in Presenter 8 which will seek for internet connection in the beginning? We are still struggling with this issue.. Pls consider this urgent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you launch Presenter 8, it check for the Internet Connection. (Published output do not check for an Internet Connection)

Have you used any credentials access in your Presenter 8 project, as per screenshot, it is asking for a Login Name and Password

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No access credentials given inside the project...The screenshot you see is not a part of the project... It is the first screen that comes when we launch the course in the LMS. If we had given access credentials in the project, I would not be surprised to see a log-in screen and I would not have posted this query here. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue is not due to presenter.

Looks like it some company credentialsa it is asking. Probably some intranet log in

Presenter does not ask any credentials to log in into any LMS.

Still we can give it a try on different LMS if you can mail us your presentation package.

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same LMS & settings were used to host Presenter 7 packages before... No issues existed then.

Anyway, it has been identified that the SCORM package is being recognized as SCORM 2004 rather than SCORM 1.2 although the settings have been given for SCORM 1.2. This is the answer I got now:

"bug in Adobe Presenter that can be corrected like this:

The ../scorm_support/scorm_support.js file needs to be ammended.

This below line...
//var g_nAPI = 0; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)

needs to be changed to force it to use SCORM v1.2, see below:
var g_nAPI = 1; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)"

My issue now is that I am not able to find this file SCORM_SUPPORT. I know it exists for Captivate and I have made the above changes for the same. Will it apply for Presenter too automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The scorm_support.js is available inside the published output/scorm_support/ folder.

Per this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4757552#4757552

I appears that the only place that file is available is when you publish the content locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources