• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document could not be printed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to print numerous different PDFs from a corporate website. Each file has similar header, images, length, appearance. Opening the files online I receive the message "Insufficient data for an image" but the images do appear after I scroll down a bit. They disappear if I scroll up again.  Try to print and this message appears " Document could not be printed". I have tried saving and reopening in Reader 9.1, also printing to file and printing as an image. Nothing works. I think the two issues are connected.  I have seen similar discussions on this and other forums but they seem to lead nowhere.  Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 187 Replies 187
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sounds like the pdfs are corrupt. Didi you get them from the net? If so how? Is there a url for the file so we can take a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael

Thanks much for the prompt reply.

The documents are on the Morningstar Australia site and only accessible to

paid subscribers.

The location of the files is here:

http://www.morningstar.com.au/Funds/ResearchReportsAll

You can sign up for a free trial of premium membership to gain access to the

files.

Once into a research report, there is a small print icon which loads the

pdf.

The pdf struggles to load the images.

I also discovered another message beneath the "Cannot Print" message, which

says "There were no pages selected to print".

Thanks again for your time.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I am seeing similar Error while printing PDF doc. I get following two errors:

1. The Document could not be printed. when I click ok, I get second error listed below

2. There were no pages selected to print.

I started to get this Error when I tried to print few pages of another PDF document using PDF writer (cutepdf).

I tried to delete the PDF application as suggested on one of the forum.

run:

type %APPDATA%\Adobe\Acrobat

delete PDF9.0

It didn't help.

Attached is PDF file I am trying to print.

Thank you for your help.

Sanjay

ps: I am using PDF version 9.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.  "Document could not be printed", then the error "There were

no pages selected to print."

I selected 9 pages to print, but none of them will print.  This is from a PDF I created/exported myself from a Visio 2006 document.

Interesting... since the only reason I buy Acrobat Pro is so I can PRINT.  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2011 May 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got both messages after clicking through an automatic upgrade. Saw the post about Foxit and tried that. No go. (No error messages but no print job, either.)

But this worked:

Open Adobe reader

Select HELP

Select REPAIR ADOBE READER INSTALLATION

Done and done. Prints fine now.

Profile:

Adobe 9.4.4

Printer: networked

Windows 7/Dell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Morningstar, who sent the following message:

"We are currently working on this issue and I expect that you will be able to print without any problems within the next week. The problem is only affecting a small number of people but we are aware of it and we are working to have the issue resolved."

Thanks again - I'll let you know how this goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morningstar have been unable to help so far. 

They have fixed other issues for other people, but not this problem.

I can print the attachment sent by sanjaysh with no difficulty.

Can anyone assist please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out to be a problem with our network printer. Once the problem got resolved I could print the document. No more assistance is needed.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading quite a few posts it seems to me that the problem rests squarely with Adobe Reader V9.1. All users have reported a problem with their Printer Drivers that didn't exsist prior to the upgrade. I am not up to uninstalling all my drivers to fix a problem not origionating with the printers. Surely Adobe would have provided a fix by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same problem is happening with me. It just started today after I upgraded Illustrator to CS4. I save the .ai file as a PDF and try to print from Acrobat 9 Pro. I get the "The document could not be printed" then "There were no pages selected to print". The only workaround I've found is to print to a postscript file, then Distill to a PDF. Then it prints fine but it's a time consuming PITA.

Somebody suggested it was a Acrobat Reader issue. It seems maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update... somebody suggested it may be a network printer problem. I indeed was trying to print over a network but I checked and I have the same issue with a USB printer trying to print the same PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2009 Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution yet? I have the same problem, "Document could not be printed" & "there were no pages selected to print"  only difference is that I printed all the odd numbered pages of a 59 page document & can't print the even numbers.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the solution is around the corner. I just installed the RTM of Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro and the "Document could not be printed" problem has gone away.

Previously it was only the PDF's made from .ai files received from clients that got this error. If I copied and pasted their art into a new Illustrator document and made the PDF it would print with no problems.

Perhaps this could be your workaround until Snow Leopard hits at the end of the month.

Then... Snow Leopard may just have fixed it for me. Who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I worked around it by installing Foxit PDF Reader

(free program) & whooooosh the printer jumped into action. Easy.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded Vista Business 64 to Windows 7 Prof 64 just because

I could not print any pdf.

The problem is the same as others wrote "Document could not be printed".

I can print from other applications (word, firefox, etc.), so the printer works fine.

The printer driver was downloded directly from the printer vendor's site for Win 7 64.

I cannot even print with Foxit reader !

I tried to uninstall Acrobat reader 9, and install 8.1.3, 8.1.2, but none of them

can print pdf files.

Now I have Acrobat Reader 9.3 installed and I still cannot print ANY PDF files, with

ANY application (Acrobat, Foxit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoosh is right.  I just installed Foxit pdf reader, and my file printed with no hesitation.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed Adobe it used COM1 for the printer port. What worked for me was going in to the printer properties for the Adobe printer and changing the printer port from COM1 to Documents\*.pdf.

Running Adobe Standard 8, Windows 7, 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this issue has been resolved by Adobe over the past few updates. Seems Adobe has been doing a lot of updates lately. But instead of telling they fixed it and admitting it, Adobe just silently fixed it and we can go on our merry way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do mention the bug fixes included in the release notes.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate ultimately the issue resolved, as an IT Manager with over ten thousand users worldwide, I personally don't have time to read every release note for every application that my organization uses. nor do I expect my staff to bury themselves in this kinda of stuff. Perhaps when the issue arises, Adobe could have fixed it right away instead of almost 2 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2009 Sep 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new Mac with Snow Leopard installed on it. Installed Adobe CS4 and, bingo, Acrobat 9 has been a real pain. I've had to reinstall it several times as it never seems to understand that it should work. After most problems have been resolved, I am now faced with being unable to print any Illustrator/PDF documents to any of our printers. PDF files sent to me work, only the former .ai files seem to fail as others have mentioned.  I get the same message others are getting, "The document could not be printed" and then "There were no pages selected to print." Will Adobe ever fix this?  What good is an error message without some hint of what to do? All my drivers are up-to-date. Does anyone from Adobe read this forum?

larry orr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with this problem may or may not be releated to the situation that others have reported, but it may help.

In my particular case, those "The document could not be printed " and "There were no pages selected to print. " messages were caused by an expired domain password that was used by my network printers.

Apparently, the network printer response was incorrectly interpreted by the Acrobat's print routine, generating those bogus messages.

By dropping and remapping my network printers (with my new password, of course), the problem printing PDFs disappeared.  By the way, I am using Acrobat Reader v9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks LarrryScott. Your suggestion worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I also get the following:

Try to print and this message appears " Document could not be printed". I have tried saving and reopening in Reader 9.1, also printing to file and printing as an image.

Nothing works. I think the two issues are connected

I have tried to print docs that have previuosly been printed, the same problem i.e.:

" Document could not be printed".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines