• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar ... less responsive stop

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Space Bar exhibits less responsive stopping since the  update a couple of days ago.

Anyone noticed that?

Starts fine.. but rolls on maybe 12-15 frames after Space Bar or "K" press.

PITA and less than desireable behaviour!

BTW: CS5.5 does not exhibit this . (and was not updated)

Maybe someone from Adobe can advise the likelihood that what was supposedly an UPDATE without adding anything significant can cause this issue please.  Obviously  the size of the update file contained a lot more than what was announced.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073309?tstart=60

The cuda supported files were affected (back to default) and reports about the Adobe Appplication Manager are filtering in. You will note a new desktop icon has been added for it.  I opened it and closed it immediately when it asked for agreement to Terms.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073843?tstart=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have notice the spacebar stop as well.  I had planned on starting a thread on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for confirming...

see PM  also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen that here.  Same AAM desktop icon as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had one before. Yours must have come from the Cloud Subscription.

AAM must be part of the new ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours must have come from the Cloud Subscription.

It did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My Space Bar exhibits less responsive stopping since the  update a couple of days ago."

Any hardware from AJA or Blackmagic Design involved?

I see this very issue when i play out from a Blackmagic Design Ultra Studio 3D on a Mac and on Windows with the Intensiy Pro card.

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Roger

I do have a BM HD-SDI Card running ....and that is no issue in CS5.5...and was not an issue in CS6 until the update.

To be clear...I am observing the delayed stop in the Timeline and the GUI Program Monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into this right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding Kevin.

As an editor..we know you appreciate that this is an issue that needs attention.

Interesting that  Erik Naso is experiencing this on a MAC!   Was there an update for MAC at same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shooternz wrote:

Interesting that  Erik Naso is experiencing this on a MAC!   Was there an update for MAC at same time?

No, there wasn't. We're looking at the issue right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed the same lag when stopping with the spacebar immediatly after the 6.0.2 update. Quite annoying it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on a MacPro running CS6 and a Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme 3D.

The lag only appears if I switch on Blackmagic Playback in the Playback preferences, if I don't use the card, everything is fine and the video stops immediately when I hit the space bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacebar stop issue really needs improved. I also agree this was introduced in the 6.02 update. I also have a Blackmagic card, but if I deslect that card the problem is still there editing with Adobe playback only. It certainly is not as bad, but still measurable. I would say that the stop command takes 7-8 frames Adobe only and about 12-15 with the Blackmagic card enabled. I learned to live with the original 5-7 frame delay using the Blackmagic card and although not ideal, it was a fair tradeoff to get HD-SDI. Currently 15 frames is not acceptable, Adobe please track this down and issue a patch sooner than later.

MAC

32GB Ram

2 x 6 Core CPU

SSD System

8GB FIbre SAN

Quadro 4000

BM Decklink Extreme HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, this is the very same kind of lag i had when i used Premiere Pro 1.0/1.5/2.0 with a Matrox RT.X10 card many years ago. Stopping playback always took a couple of frames and it was really annoying and one of the very reasons to why i finally removed the card.

/Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to confirm, is everyone having this problem using some kind of I/O card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blackmagic card installed, but I do not think the card is adding the delay. I believe it is the 6.02 update that is the cause. You can turn off the capture card playback in the Premiere Preferences and the delay is still there and measurable. It might go unnoticed if your not actively looking for it, but when you enable the third party card it actually magnifies or compounds the problem to an unacceptable amount. Somewhere in the 12-15 frame world. My hardware has not changed and I didnt have this problem before 6.02

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card might not be causing the delay, but I have no card and no delay.  That's why I was wondering if everyone that has the delay also has a card.

It might be something in Mercury Transmit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you say Jim..it migh be something to do with the I/O card but importantly...it  wasnot an issue with same cards prior this "minor" windows update.

Adobe are looking at it ( without a Feature Bug Request) so thats cool and a positive reaction from them. (thanx to Kevin)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug has been filed with engineering. They're looking at it right now. More news when I hear it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx again  Kevin.

I wont try to truble shoot it my end  meantime.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooternz, to answer your question from elswhere...since AJA doesnt have any Kona 3 drivers released for CS6.03, I have uninstalled the drivers due to audio and video playback anomalies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shooternz,

Keep a look out for a new driver from Blackmagic. I think you'll find the performance to be much better. I can't tell you exact times but it should be coming soon.

Take care,

-peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for that Peter...but interestingly...with same hardware..CS5.5 does not  have the issue.

I also know that CS6 non updated did not have the issue.

I suspect the issue might lie with in Adobe Transmit and the way it talks to the BM HD-SDI card. since the recent  update.

Hopefuly both Adobe and BM are looking at it and will get back soon.  Its a PITA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines