Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashHelp and the Internet

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody
I want to link a number of different FlashHelp web sites from my parent web site. I can of course simply add a hyperlink but RoboHelp displays within the browser window and that is something I am keen to avoid. I have tried to follow the instructions as if I was supplying my map files to a developer (or vice-versa) but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm sure this should be an easy problem but it's got me foxed. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Ummm, can you expound on that a bit? Of course I can't speak for anyone else, but your description sure has me confused!

You said: I want to link a number of different FlashHelp web sites from my parent web site. (Fair enough)

Then you also said: I can of course simply add a hyperlink but RoboHelp displays within the browser window and that is something I am keen to avoid. (And here is where the confusion ensues.)

I stand to be corrected, but isn't your "parent web site" displaying in a browser window? If not, how exactly *IS* it displaying?

And just to add a touch of clarification, it's not "RoboHelp" per se, but "RoboHelp Output" that displays, no?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - sorry for the confusion, the main web page diplays exactly as it should in a browser window. I have created some demos of my work with FlashHelp which I have also successfuly linked from the main page in a browser window. However, I want to create the same effect as I do with my work as an author with the software developers i.e. FlashHelp apears in its own tri-pane without a browser - it looks so cool like that!

Cheers

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2006 Dec 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guntackle -

To my knowledge, Web content is displayed in a browser, even Flash content. Are you asking for a custom browser setting that does not display the Menu, Navigation or Bookmark bars?

Also consider placing a plain text link to the Flash site so those of us who don't use or aren't permitted to use Flash can exit or link to a non-Flash version of your work.

Regards,
gewb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linux Rules - yes I want RoboHelp to display using the custom browser settings. The project I'm working on allows RoboHelp to do just that it displays the RoboHelp navigation pane, main topic pane and the tool bar (for contents, index, search & glossary) and it doesn't nest inside the IE browser. I believe the developer's use a piece of JavaScript to make it display like that whereas I add a hyperlink to my website and in this case it appears inside a browser - the same as if I had just generated the files on my PC.

I hadn't thought about adding a link for the non-Flash people, I have considered using the Flash detector kit (available from Adobe) - I suppose I should use both.

Cheers

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Mike -

Well, you answered your own question...you need a "custom" browser setting. Do a search (such as Google) and you will find many snippets of code to do just what you want. Note that the code will not always work as expected depending on browser and version or if the user turns JavaScripting off (which will "break" a lot of things).

Thanks for keeping us non-Flashers in mind!

Regards,
gewb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp