• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

activation server error

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix an 'activation server error' in order to authorize my computer for digital editions software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any specific error number or message you see when you try to authorize your computer?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having the same problem and the only identification for the error message that I can see is:

CODE: E_AUTH_NOT_READY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THe e_auth_not_ready can be fixed by deleting your authorization (yes you have one even though it doesn't show) and then reauthorizing.  After launching ADE hit CONTROL+SHIFT+D and say yes to delete authoriztion.  Then go back in and reqauthorize your computer.  You may want to also connect any devices and delete and reauthorize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2012 Oct 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Mac user and CTRL+SHIFT+D did not help.  COMMAND+SHIFT+D worked to de-authorize. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tnsprin,

I was using ADE for the first time today. I was able to download and use (read an ebook) at my workplace today, but i'm not able to sign-in to ADE at my home. Pressing Control+Shift+D does not do anything. I also tried using the option "authorize without an ID" but with the same result - "Connection Error : Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet." There is no problem with my internet connection; all other applications are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I can't help with your immediate problem, but a warning ....

DON'T use "authorize without an ID"

If you do use it for a very quick test, make sure you don't do anything significant using it.

Any DRM books used under it won't be available on any other machine, and won't work on that machine after any reauthorization.

(If you books aren't DRM, use Calibre instead of ADE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I might have used the authorise without an ID and the Ctrl Shift D doesn't do anything - I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Adobe Digital reader but to no avail - I still get the e_auth_not_ready.  I read books from my local library and can't put them on my Sony Ereader on my new PC.  Worked fine on the old one!

Please can someone help !

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0/2.0.1.

One of them is that it behaves in a most peculiar manner with library books when a Sony reader is plugged in.

It can't transfer them to the Sony, and can't even read them on ADE on the computer.

Unplug it and you can read them on ADE (but of course can't transfer them).

You can use ADE2.0 to get the books, and the do the transfer by file manager (Windows Explorer, Mac Finder).

Or, much easier, install v1.7.2.

~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! This helped my issue tnsprin‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an Activation error code "E_Adept_INTERNAL"

I have had Adobe Editions for about three years, have 23 books in the Library, but when I updated, the trouble started.  Now I can't access any of the books in my Library.  I can't even authorize my computer now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no error code.  just get "Connection Error"- Digital Editions counld not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet." when trying to add acsm file to my library using my adobe login id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and worked on it for quite a long time...

I finally found the issue, and I'm hoping this advice helps fix the problem for many of you.  Follow the link below

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/error-e-adept-request-expired.html

Apparantly your system's time/date/time zone settings have to be correct or else the server error will keep popping up.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The timezone advice (Error: E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED | Digital Editions) did not help.

I got this error after successfully renewing my password.

However, I'm currently living in China and use internet via a HMA-VPN connection.

(But changing the timezone on the computer back to "Germany" were I purchased the ebooks, did not solve the problem, i.e. it's always the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know what time zone you downloaded the book from? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2015 Jan 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the time zone/ date/ time may not match... How do you know what timezone your system should be changed to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you much, I've been fooling with this for hours and your solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and with a helpful comment about IE I found this finally worked for me:

• uninstall ALL versions of Adobe digital editions (I tried v1.7, 2 and 3!)
  • use INTERNET EXPLORER to download ADE v 3. Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home (Previously I was using Chrome)
  • DISABLE windows firewall BEFORE installing ADE3.
  • Install ADE 3 and I found I could then authorize my computer using help>authorize computer in the ADE menu.
  • Re-download e-book (because previous downloads had expired), and I was able to open my ebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - a big thank you to kenb!

I'm stunned that such a large multinational company with so many 'smart' products can produce such rubbish..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the way you recommend and still it doesn't work. I've been trying to authoryze my computer with no success or days now. Just keep getting "Connection Error"- Digital Editions counld not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

I'm really annoyed with this crap of software. I bought a book in Google Play and it says I have to download and open it with ADE and it doesn't work.

I hate this thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just keep getting "Connection Error"- Digital Editions counld not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."  and even after i can post on this forum and firewall turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2014 Dec 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too have the same BORING problem!

I have tryed with different accounts, I can login to adobe web site via the browser with both user id's, the internet connection is working fine (as obvious!).

I have got un-helpful info and suggestion from adobe support via chat.

More than a week I am trying to use this borrowing tool, and I am unable to read e-books I have bought!

Adobe, please give us a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines