• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

0xc000007 The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Get this when run RoboHelp 10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a RoboHTML.exe - Application Error when I try to start RoboHelp 10 HTML.  It says:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application.

I have uninstalled and re-installed RoboHelp 10 several times but it made no difference.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Diane Heald

[Email removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help you. We know nothing about your system. This is just a generic Windows crash 5 miliseconds after attempting to launch the app and could be anything. Check your Windows Event Viewer and provide system information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  My system is Windows 7, a Dell XPS 13 ultrabook.  I bought it in May 2012.  It is a 256 GB solid state drive, 4GB memory, 133 MHz, Windows 7, DDR 3.  with an i7-2637M processor.  1.70 - 2.80 GHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Robohelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a 64-bit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it ever work? If so, what’s changed; if not, then you should call Adobe Support for assistance. Are you running it as an Administrator on your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it did work fine.  The problem was that I could not view the Single Source JavaHelp output on my PC after I generated it. I know you have to download Java JDK, etc. and I've done that many times over the years and each time it was a huge hassle, but finally got it to work. 

But RoboHelp worked fine and the output worked fine in my customer's Java program.  Since I could not view the output, a programmer at my client's site looked up the error message online and gave me some links to look at.  I did what one of those links said by downloading something.  I don't remember what at this point.  It was then that I would get the message anytime I tried to run RoboHelp.  So I cannot run RoboHelp now.

If I can just get rid of this error message and be able to run RoboHelp, I am OK with not even being able to run the JavaHelp viewer.  I've dealt with that many times over the years on various computers and it is always a huge hassle.  I'll just look at it after my customer loads it into their application.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d be looking to restore my machine to a restore point prior to when you downloaded “whatever it was” – sounds like you’ve pooched something in Windows completely outside of RH. Support may have a better idea of what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Coatsworth idea about running the Restore Point is a great idea that I had not thought about.  I think it would have worked great, except that I had done so many installs and uninstalls that the restore points did not go far enough back because each time you do an uninstall or reinstall, it creates a new restore point and the oldest ones are gone.  I did go ahead an restore it to the oldest restore point it had.  For future use, I have alloted more disk space for restores.  Thanks for this and I will remember it in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I would try simply reinstalling Rh.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I did the Restore Point, I uninstalled several Adobe programs including RoboHelp, an Adobe PDF program, and several other Adobe programs.  I then re-installed RoboHelp and it worked!!  Yea!

Thanks for your help!

So RoboHelp runs now, but I still have work to do since I create JavaHelp.  I know I need to download Java JDK (I had uninstalled it during this troubleshooting process) and work with the environment variables.  I will do that another day as I don't have time today.

Thanks, again to all who helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going to need a bit more info before anyone can help you. What o/s? What version of RH10? All patched up? Happens all the time or just started happening? Happening on anyone else’s terminal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp