Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 13.0.1.1 update error U44M2P7

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I tried to install the newest Photoshop update, but I get an error code: "Photoshop CS6 13.0.1.1 update error U44M2P7", and there is no information about it on Adobe's Help sections.

Anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you trying to upgrade from? This error code appears when it's an incompatible update.

One solution that you could try is to download and install the latest version of AAM (Adobe Application Manager) for CS6 and try to get your update from there.

Download AAM from here:

Windows: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

Will try the Windows software you are proposing then let know, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed but I am not sure what the Adobe Application Manager suppose to do, then I cancelled it process.

I applied the 13.0.1.1 directly from the alert that Photoshop gave me this morning when opening the software, it offered several updates (like 120Mb), and the only one that failed was Photoshop CS6.

Then I downloaded the software from my Adobe account, and it failed too.

Another people I know had the same problem on their computers.

I guess it will be a matter of time until Adobe realise they did something wrong and prepare a new solution.

By the way, when I used the Update button from inside Photoshop, it says the software is up to date 😕

By the way 2, when I click on Help > About Photoshop, it says Version 13.0, and when I go to system info it says: Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x64

Very annoying spending all the morning on this 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAM manages adobe applications that are installed on your computer. It's safe to have it installed in your computer. Like I said get AAM and try to update to see if your issue gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't happen to leave Photoshop running when you tried to update it did you?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Noel, thanks for asking anyway. I am using the Adobe Application Manager now but for some reason it is extremelly slow to download whatever it is downloading. I will inform if that solve the problem, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also caught no joy on this update. AAM updated the other CS6 programs, but failed on PS. Downloaded directly from PS Update, and again got fail. Running 64-bit Win 7 version. Last update shows Sept. 16 which is 13.0.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you manually changed any files in the Photoshop installation area from those that were installed when you first put the product on your computer?  That sort of thing is known to break installers.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I don’t go there, but I’m going to reinstall PS from scratch, then do the update again. I’ll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled PS CS6 from scratch (both 32-bit & 64-bit). Then did update directly from PS, and ended up getting other updates that were installed this morning thru AAM. As update window progressed, the PS update was listed as 13.0.1.1, and everything appeared to be fine as there was no fail message on any app at the end. Rebooted, fired up PS and the version reads 13.0.1, not 13.0.1.1 as indicated in the update windows. Check the date stamp on both versions of PS exe file, and it was Sept 16 for both.

I clicked on the updates link in PS, and it says all my apps are up to date. Here is version info on those apps that were updated by the AAM today for those who care:

Bridge: 5.0.1.23

Illustrator: 16.0.2

Extension Manager: 6.0.3.48

For clarity, here is system this software runs on: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, Thinkpad W701, 16GB.

In response to other query by Bill Hunt, I do not have Premiere or PS Elements on the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A scratch reinstallation followed by a successful update, where it did not update properly before, tends to imply something (if not you directly) had changed some part of the Adobe installation, making the updater not find what it feels is necessary before updating.

For what it's worth, I had no problem installing the 13.0.1.1 update without having to do a full reinstall, and the status of various things on my system is now as you described (Help-System Info... shows Photoshop as 13.0.1, with the signature date/time at September 16).

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right on that. Something in the system area for PS wasn't kosher, hence the update fail. I don't remember ever fooling around in the Adobe system files, to be honest. And my PS version before AAM told me there was an update availabe was already 13.0.1.  Maybe it saw it was already updated and backed out? But problem solved, moving forward. Thanks!  Steve B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like the second attempt (reinstall from scratch) worked. To confirm the certificate update follow these steps:

Verify that the update installed successfully   

To verify that you have successfully updated Photoshop CS6’s code signing certificate, do the following:

1. Navigate to the Photoshop installation directory. The default Photoshop install locations are as follows: 

Windows 7 64 bit: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit)

Windows 7 32 bit: C:/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6

Windows XP: C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6

2. Right-click photoshop.exe and choose Properties. 

3. Click the Digital Signatures tab. 

4. Verify that the updated signature datestamp is "Sept 16 2012, published by Adobe Systems Incorporated.

For additional details about the certificate, select the Adobe signature, and then click Details.

NOTE: The exact time of the certificate update will depend on your system clock setting.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that, per my post.  Still wonder why the update shows 13.0.1 and not 13.0.1.1?  Oddly enough, before the update, I know my PS was already at the 13.0.1 version. Whatever. PS works just fine and that's the bottom line >g>.  Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The 13.0.1.1 update was just a 13.0.1 repackaging with new certificate signing. So the build strings and sysytem info was not touched. It is a bit confusing, sorry.

regards,

steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the Adobe Application Manager as Sudarshan Thiagarajan suggested. It took forever but finally downloaded and installed something, to finally keep saying the same:

I wish the guys at Adobe do the correct things on the updates at the first try. I spent all day on this and it is not working.

Hey guys! You can't make work correctly just a software update!? Please don't try to send an astronaut to the space then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to reinstall PS from original CS6 disk as I did, then do the update?  I think Noel Carboni made a good point about something out of whack in original install location.  Took 15 minutes total for me, and update loaded fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So everything is back up and running with the newest certificate, and 13.0.1? Great news if so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took 15 minutes total for me, and update loaded fine.

Looks like you have solved your problem with that error message.

I have linked your thread, plus another PS one with similar error message, to the PrE thread, in hope that it proves helpful. For that thread, I am now wondering if PrE is not really part of that OP's issue, but just happened to have been installed about the same time, as she developed the problem?

Thank you for reporting,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try cleaning out your temp folder to get rid of leftover install or update files. I had trouble updating Photoshop CS6 on a new Windows 7 x64 machine, shortly after I had installed CS6 (not the suite - just standalone PS) . Update failed, then tried running Photoshop, but it froze. Had been running fine.  I did a system restore, restored to before I installed PS,  thinking that I would start over fresh.  Tried to reinstall PS - install failed. However a system restore did not /does not delete files in the user folder - such as files & folders left behind by the PS install. I think that may have been the problem.

Spent hours on on a chat with an Abobe tech. (BTW chat is ridiculous. What we did in 2 hours by chat would have taken 20  minutes by phone. Chat is like communicating by telegraph - what's the point?) He had me download an older version of AAM - didn't work - not surprising. Then had me download - install  AdobeCreativeSuiteCleanerTool.  I ran it , then I deleted a lot of adobe files leftover from either the attempted update or the orignal install in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Temp. I think those leftover files may have been the culprit - but I am not sure as I used the adobe cleaner tool right before I deleted the left over install files. I then downloaded a new version of AAM. Installed PS, updated, no problem - after spending at least 4 hours on the problem.

The adobe cleaner does not clean out everything. As I re-installed PS, all but the last 4 digits of my serial number was showing. When I ran PS, it knew which scratch disk I had selected from the previous install.  Does it not clean out the registry? I know it didn't clean out all the adobe files /folders from C:\Program Files\Adobe

BTW AAM does not show up in the Windows 7 x64 Programs and Features control Panel. Why? I have Version 6.2.0.4 in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

newyorker333 wrote:

The build version string found in system info and in the properties of the .exe will not change after the 13.0.1.1 patch has successfully run. Yes, I agree it's confusing but there was no point and more risk to go in and change things in the application, when all we really needed was to apply a new certificate.

Check the Digital Certificate details looking for a September timestamp to verify that you have applied the 13.0.1.1 patch successfully.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the Adobe Application Manager caused this morning, for some reason, to have the software deactivated. Had to reinstall. Now I don't know if they made me lose one installation opportunity. Adobe started to do the things too complicated these last years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I had to reinstall Photoshop CS6 from scratch against my will, and used the Update function included in the software, and while updating it said it was updating to 13.0.1.1, it installed the same version I had yesterday:

So there is still no way I can have the 13.0.1.1 installed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to see what it does, I used the standalone .exe to update, I had no error message, in fact it said the upgrade was succesfull, anyway it keep saying:

No 13.0.1.1 info at sight yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines