• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyphenation in Adobe Muse?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that this is not the Muse Forum. But the last time I asked and was answered in the BC forum, A fellow told me I could ask a Muse question here. You people seem to know everything. My question is, is there a way to automatically hypenate the text that I type into a Muse document? I have looked high & low, and searched forever, but find nothing for hyphenation in Muse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you expect the text to look like, can you give an example? I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I thought I was clear. When inputting body copy in a text column in Muse, I notice that it never hyphenates the copy. It either ends the line with a word or moves the word to the next line. Think of inputting text in a column in InDesign, it hyphenates the words automatically.

Maybe Muse does not have that capability. I would then do it manually (type in the hyphens) except it might change for different browsers. So if Muse doesn't do this, I'd like to know so I can stop looking.

Thank you very much for your response. I sure appreciate it.

Chris

Chris Deitz

cdaa@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, that is somewhat possible with CSS:

http://jsfiddle.net/TZPBm/

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks great, but alas, I am not a "code guy". Don't know a thing about it. I'll just adjust copy so it's not such a loose rag right.

Chris Deitz

cdaa@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines