• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Glossary Display

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2006 Dec 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently submitted a .chm file for review. All reviewers are running on the XP Professional OS, but some of the reviewers are finding that while everything else in the help system displays, the contents of the glossary do not. The glossary tab is there, but when some of the reviewers click on it, they do not see anything in the glossary pane. Other reviewers have no such problem -- i.e., everything in the help system displays just fine for them. We tried integrating the .chm within the application, but the same few reviewers still cannot get the glossary to display.

Has anyone else experienced this inconsistent behavior with a glossary from a .chm file? If so, did you discover what causes it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linick -

Hi, and welcome to the RoboHelp forum. You probably want to check out fellow Adobe Community Expert Craig Clarke's excellent post here, regarding installing and registering the HHActiveX.dll :

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=65&catid=447&threadid=1205418&h...

Also, the Robohelp forums are fairly homogenous, so those who might read one message usually reads them all... so, crossposting to several sub-forums really isn't necessary. And some folks get really annoyed about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful advice. Interesting, though, that I originally posted this on the HTML forum, and have yet to receive a reply there. So, sorry for the annoyance, but posting it to General after the fact was what finally got a a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Linick -

Waiting for three hours isn't really "not recieving a reply," or justification for crossposting. We are all volunteers on this forum, and I personally have always felt it to be far more responsive than most forums. That being said, I probably should have answered the other post, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp