• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual panning in Captivate 5.5 - I must be doing it wrong.

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using CP 5.5 on a Windows XP machine. I'm trying to use the manual pan feature to move from one side of the screen to another. Based on what I've read, that means I select Manual Panning when I record my screen captures. Then, while recording, I use the mouse to move the recording area to a new part of the screen. However, when I do this the end result is not the panning across the screen I would hope for. Instead, Captivate records an FMR slide where I can see a line representing the edge of the recording area crawl across the screen, but the actual shot remains static. Then the next slide is focused on the new area.

I have used automatic panning and that works, but it is too hard to control to do what I want with it.

Am I just using it wrong?

Thanks

Jason

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

The Panning in Manual mode, gives you the freedom/control to move your recording window to the direction/area of screen you want to record, The window dimension would be static and it would not expand if you move your mouse.

If you use arrow keys from you keyboard, you can move the recording area/frame to left/right direction based upon what section of screen you wish to capture.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O.k. I'm still doing something wrong.

I understand that panning is supposed to let me move the recording window. I was assuming that if I set it to manual panning when recording that I could move the recording window by using the mouse and it would pan. However, when I do this it doesn't pan. Instead I get a FMR of a line (the edge of the recording window) moving across the screen and then the next slide is centered on the new area defined by the recording window, there is no actual panning taking place. I tried turning manual pan on using F3 but that didn't change anything. Using the arrow keys does nothing, the recording area does not move.

Panning.png

Any other suggestions?

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jason,

Going by definition from help --

Automatic Panning
The recording window automatically moves along with the pointer whenever you move the mouse during recording.
Manual Panning
You must manually move the recording window to the area where the next event takes place. In all other respects, It is like the automatic panning option.

Which means you would have to click and drag the Recording Pane.

So Finally, I would suggest you going by your needs, use Automatic panning and it should solve your problem, the recording pane would following your mouse curser and would move automatically.

Thanks,
Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources