Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics appear when Generated but not Published

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently using RoboHelp 9.02.271 with RoboHelp Server 9.0.  I generate locally to my C Drive on a Windows 7 machine.  The project is my first project in which I have had to import translated files (French).   I publish using WebHelp Pro. 

About 30 topics total in the project and for a reason I cannot determine, 6 of the topics display a 404 error;resource is not availabe.  I have tried numerous fixes:

• Verified path displayed on 404 error contains the topic.
  • Removed apostrophe accent mark from TOC book and topic titles.
  • Created backup, deleted .cpd file, and re-generated / re-published.
  • Cleared cache, cookies, and had other users access URL on their machines.
  • Deleted the 404 error topics, re-imported, and reg-generated / re-published.
  • Deleted project from server, re-published with Re-Publish All checked. 

As per my history here on the forum, my bet is that I have shaken hands with Captain Obvious and didn't realize it.  Please help me understand what I am over-looking like you have many times in the past.

Thanks in advance, Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display the error when? From the TOC, from links?

Examine the code for the links that do not work and those that do.

I take it the topics are showing in Project Manager.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter, the topics display in Project Manager.  The error displays when topic is selected from TOC or specific topic is searched and selected.  I looked at the view source of the webpage error:

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 - /robohelp/robo/server/Acme/projects/AcmeFR/Search_M/Rechercer/Afficher_les_r%C3%A9sultats_de_la_recherche/smviewsearchresults.htm</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>/robohelp/robo/server/Acme/projects/AcmeFR/Search_M/Rechercer/Afficher_les_r%C3%A9sultats_de_la_recherche/smviewsearchresults.htm</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The requested resource (/robohelp/robo/server/Acme/projects/AcmeFR/Search_M/Rechercer/Afficher_les_r%C3%A9sultats_de_la_recherche/smviewsearchresults.htm) is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.32</h3></body></html>

I feel like it has something to do with the apostrophe in the book title.  Although, I had removed the apostrophe and republished once as a test.  The TOC book title has an apostrophe in it (required for proper French language translation) and all the topics in that book will not display.  There are other topics with an apostrophe that are outside this book and display correctly.  This the only TOC Book title with an apostrophe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter,

I just figured it out.  TOC Name can include apostrophe in book title and topic title.  In Project Manager, however, I removed the apostrophe from the name of the folder I created. 

ProjectFilesImage.jpg

Thank you for helping me think this through.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp