• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel Output to Specific Worksheet

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick summary - i'm trying to populate a specific data tab of an Excel worksheet to automate the process of creating 100+ Excel files with graphs. The tab (named appopriately, "Data") contains all the raw data for the other tabs which contain multiple graphs. Is there a way to export to a specific tab in Excel? Any assistance is appreciated.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 05, 2006 Dec 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reference: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=1&catid=6&threadid=1219365 .

What exact CF version are you running? (CF 6.0, CF 6.1, CF 7.01, etc.)

Are you using the standard edition or are you deployed on Java or Jrun?
If so, what exact version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2000 server. Coldfusion Enterprise MX version 6,1,0,83762

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say whether you were using java or Jrun.

We also need to know your CF root directory...
When you run this code:

<CFOUTPUT>
<h3>Server base dir</h3>
#Server.Coldfusion.RootDir#<br />
</CFOUTPUT>

What does it say?

For your config it will be typically be something like:
C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion

Whatever it says, you need to copy the two jar files to the lib directory, RoorDir\..\lib
EG: C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\lib

After copying the javacfx.jar and the Apache POI jar to the correct directory, be sure the CFX is registered in the Coldfusion administrator.

Lastly, be sure to restart ALL java, Jrun, Macromedia, and Coldfusion services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

java v 1.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your RootDir will be slightly different, everything else is the same as my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know why but i keep getting the same error. is there any configuration that this won't work in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have both the poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar and javacfx.jar located in CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib. i registered the cfx in cfadmin and restarted the services. am i missing something?

i also tried rebooting the server with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you run this code:
<CFOUTPUT>
<h3>Server base dir</h3>
#Server.Coldfusion.RootDir#<br />
</CFOUTPUT>

what are the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error resolving parameter SERVER.COLDFUSION.ROOTDIR

The object COLDFUSION.ROOTDIR is not present in the scope named SERVER. It is likely that you have misspelled the name of the object you are trying to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something's really wrong or this is not CF 6.1 or later.

Anyway, run this code:
<cfdump var="#Server#">

and attach the results here.

Edit: Oops, I meant server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFID 735
CFTOKEN 95579965
SESSIONID DASHBOARD_735_95579965
URLTOKEN CFID=735&CFTOKEN=95579965

doing that with SERVER in as the var attribute blows up. and it's 6.1...i may be new to CFXs written in Java, but not to CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant <cfdump var="#Server#">.

Anyway, <cfdump var="#Server#"> does not normally "blow up" in CF MX. Something's wrong here.

Anyway, if you are running Enterprise on top of Java 1.4, then CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib is not the correct directory for the jar files.

Open up the CF Administrator. Find the "System Information" page.

Attach the entire contents of that page, especially the classpath, here.

This will let us see if the jars have been found and, if not, where to put them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW this works on our production server...I think you're right, something is definitely wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Information
Server Details
Server Product
ColdFusion MX

Version

Edition
Enterprise

Serial Number
CED600***

Operating System
Windows 2000

OS Version

JVM Details
Java Version

Java Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Vendor URL
http://java.sun.com/

Java Home
D:\CFusionMX\runtime\jre

File Separator
\

Path Separator
;

Line Separator
Chr(13)

User Name
SYSTEM

User Home

User Dir
D:\CFusionMX\runtime\bin

Java VM Specification Version

Java VM Specification Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Specification Name
Java Virtual Machine Specification

Java VM Version
1.4.2-b28

Java VM Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java VM Name
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM

Java Specification Version

Java Specification Vendor
Sun Microsystems Inc.

Java Specification Name
Java Platform API Specification

Java Class Version

Java Class Path
D:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\lib; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfusion.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\bcel.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cf4was.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cf4was_ae.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfmx-j2ee.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfmx-ssl.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfmx_bootstrap.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfusion.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfx.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\collections.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\crimson.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\flashgateway.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\httpclient.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\izmado.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jakarta-oro-2.0.6.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\java2wsdl.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jaxp-api.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jce1_2_1.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jdom.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jintegra.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\jxl.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\ldap.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\ldapbp.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\local_policy.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\log4j.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\macromedia_drivers.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\mail.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\msapps.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\NetComponents.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbclient42RE.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbembedded42RE.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbserver42RE.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\pbtools42RE.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\sunjce_provider.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\tools.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\tt-bytecode.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\US_export_policy.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\viewer.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webcharts.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webchartsJava2D.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\webservices.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\wsdl2java.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\xalan.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\java2wsdl.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun-ant-tasks.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun-xdoclet.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jrun.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\jspc.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\migrate.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\oem-xdoclet.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\sniffer.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\webservices.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\wsdl2java.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\runtime\lib\xmlscript.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\lib; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\..\src; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\..\lib\cfusion.jar; D:\CFusionMX\runtime\lib\jrun.jar

Java Ext Dirs
D:\CFusionMX\runtime\jre\lib\ext

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you are not really deployed on standalone java. Your using the bundled Jrun.

So, in this case, the jars should be installed at:
D:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lib
and you say they are.

They do not show in the classpath, though, and your classpath seems to be missing a lot of values. (Plus the server does not respond properly)
A clean wipe and reinstall may be in order.

But first, try placing the jars in D:\CFusionMX\lib and restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
MikerRoo - I appreciate your help. When I rebooted earlier, that was the location of the jars and it did not work. Since the server isn't accessing SERVER scope and we've had several other problems with the SQL installation (they're running together, not my choice), I've recommended an alternative server for the CFMX instance. We'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation