Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submitting Pdf form fields to a MySQL database via PhP

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have recently created a Pdf in Adobe LiveCycle which looks great, and I have added a submit button which is set up to send all the form data in HTML to a PhP file on the server side. The PhP file then collects the form data and inserts it into my MySQL database.

When I run this form from Adobe reader or Professional it works great and the new record is inserted in the database. However I am trying to embed the form into a HTML page, which again looks fine, and all other buttons i.e. Save As, Print work fine.

The submit button however is not working properly now. It inserts a new record into my database, but the fields are blank as if the form data has not been sent or received?

Can you possibly advise me where i'm going wrong.

Much appreciated

Cane

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

You can share your script??

thank you

Victor

Former Community Member

Hi Cane,

I'm relatively new to creating Adobe Forms but I'm looking to do exactly what you have set up, submitting the results to php which sends the results to a database. I don't like the responses being sent to a pdf response file then every so often you have to export to csv then import the results into a database....too tedious. Can you perhaps provide the code that goes behind the submit button and maybe the code that you use on the php/server side? Again, relatively new to this and don't know where to begin but if I can look at the code behind this it would make things a lot easier.

Thanks,

Ed

Level 1

I'm very interested in this code too. Can you please share it with us?