• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFBuiler2 freezes - ups CPU to 50% and locks until killing the service

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFBuilder is freezing on a couple specific cfc's, they are proprietary so I cannot share them, however I'm fairly certain it is not related to the code in them as they do not cause a freeze or even heavy mem usage in cfeclipse(which is obviuosly the work around for now). The reason I am posting this is twofold, I am trying out CFBuilder as it was recommended for a enterprise level coldbox application I am working on and realistically freeznig on a standardized setup is an issue for me if I'm expected to drop 100 bux on this. So, I looked into it some and believe I found the issue, thought I would post it here so as to make it visible and hopefully fixed at some point.

The stackTrace is screaming null pointer at me, looking into it, I see a mis-spelled function, which being called would return a null, hence the null pointer exception causing my freezeup(what is interesting is that only some files trip this trigger..). The reason I think this is mis-spelled is because I couldn't imagine a developer purposefully mis-spelling the word function and not repair it in subsequent calls to the function as that would clearly not be a good practice and adobe thus far has been ok.... anyway, here is the stack trace, and the session info so you guys there at adobe can fixItUp()  :

STACK TRACE:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils1.getFuinctionDefinition(CFMLDOMUtils1.java:684)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils1.getFunctionDefinition(CFMLDOMUtils1.java:749)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils.createFunctionInfo(CFMLDOMUtils.java:497)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml.CFMLTextHoverManager.processFunctionParam(CFMLTextHoverManager.java:241)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml.CFMLTextHoverManager.processLiteral(CFMLTextHoverManager.java:279)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml.CFMLTextHoverManager.processASTNode(CFMLTextHoverManager.java:109)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.cfml.CFMLTextHoverManager.getHoverRegion(CFMLTextHoverManager.java:78)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewerHoverManager.computeInformation(TextViewerHoverManager.java:140)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractInformationControlManager.doShowInformation(AbstractInformationControlManager.java:1131)

at org.eclipse.jface.text.AbstractHoverInformationControlManager$MouseTracker.mouseHover(AbstractHoverInformationControlManager.java:519)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:207)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)

SESSION DATA:

eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800

java.version=1.6.0_21

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

** My apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.. I am at work and trying to not waste too much time on this.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig, can you confirm the CFBuilder version number? It sounds like, if you just got it, that it would be “the latest”, but do please confirm. If perhaps you had a download of 2.0 and had not applied any updates, there were fixes to some problems like this. And even CFB 2 Updater 1 (from May, aka 2.0.1) has had a hotfix (in July). Both at http://www.adobe.com/support/coldfusion/downloads_updates.html#cfb2.

And while I’m not sure, I would not be surprised if you did download CFB 2.0.1 today that you would NOT get the hotfix included. That’s the way most CF products work (those who would scorn that should consider that building new installers is a significant effort, given all the Oss, OS versions, and other dependencies.)

It might also help, Craig, if you would indicate how you have deployed CFB: whether standalone or as a plugin atop Eclipse.

Finally, can you specify what the “mis-spelled function” is, to save us having to look line by line? Thanks.

/charlie

PS Oh, and yes, this is the right forum for CFBuilder questions and problems. That said, if you feel you’ve found a bug, there is a place to file those, https://bugbase.adobe.com/, but even then people often post a note here once filing a bug there, to give it some attention. Your call.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie,

The hotfix from July was from July 2011, and was for CFBuilder 2.0.0 not for 2.0.1 (CFBuilder 2 Updater 1).  I'm guessing the hotfix is already rolled into the Updater 1.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, my bad. Thanks, Carl. I read that page too fast. Like I said in the note, it can just get confusing (when we assume that a given build includes any subsequent hotfixes). And different hotfixes aren’t always listed on the same page.

But I’ve dug around just now and don’t seem to find any reference to any hotfix for 2.0.1, at least for now.

/charlie

@Charlie,

The hotfix from July was from July 2011, and was for CFBuilder 2.0.0 not for 2.0.1 (CFBuilder 2 Updater 1). I'm guessing the hotfix is already rolled into the Updater 1.

-Carl V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charlie..  thanks for the quick reply!

Yep, it's probably a hotfix or update that I'm missing..  my CFBuilder was downloaded a couple weeks ago and is:

Version: 2.0.1.282422

The mis=spelled function is at the top of the stacktrace above, the last call before the null pointer ( which may explain the null pointer 😞

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils1.getFuinctionDefinition(CFMLD OMUtils1.java:684)

at com.adobe.ide.editor.model.CFMLDOMUtils1.getFunctionDefinition(CFMLDO MUtils1.java:749)

there is an extra i in the word function in bold

Thanks again folks!!

- Craig Burlingame

I love deadlines...  I like the swooshing sound they make as they fly by...   - Douglas Adams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Craig, since you have the latest version, let’s consider another possibility. I was led to suggest a possible update because you referred to a given CFC being the cause, and there were some issues in the past with large files or certain code in a page (due to various features related to code assist, etc.)

But maybe your problem is instead due to something else. Have you looked at the logs within Eclipse/CFB? (See the help menu.) And here’s a real possibility: are you sure you’re not running out of memory within CFB? And it doesn’t have to be because the CFC you’re opening is large. It could instead be due to something that the code causes CFB to do (with respect to communicating to the server). If you’re using the standalone version of CFB, you can change the heap size in the cfbuilder.ini in the CFB directory.

And along the same lines, in case it’s still something else, have you turned on the Progress View (Windows>Show View>Other)? Watch that when you open the CFC and see what it shows may be going on between CFB and the server.

Hope that helps.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation