Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My webhelp projects contains a number of buttons, but suddenly I receive the Internet Explorer Script Error "An error occurred in the script on this page" when pressing the buttons. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanx

Lena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lena -

Just about everyone has experienced a scripting error at one time or another.

If you want to troubleshoot the issue, you'll need to provide a little more info, at least; at best, you could post the script, or provide a link to the page in question. ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2006 Dec 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The error says: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 548
Char: 3
Error: 'null' is null or not an object
Url: file: //G:\Services\HelpSource\SAE Robohelp\Kundespecifik\GB\4-1\DTG\Working files\Classification\rltf4.thm

Regards
Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lena,

If you haven't change the webhelp, check to see if there have been any changes made to the firewall, webserver security etc. If so, the problem could be that the call to the page is using your cache.

Clear down your temporary internet files. Tools/internet options/delete files - including offline content.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That did not do the trick either.

I found out, though, that if I compile the project and test the compiled project, the buttons work just fine. But still I need to be able to see the buttons in Robohelp as well. Any suggestions?

Thanx
Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify:

The compiled project works fine.
Is the problem in Preview in Robohelp?

Brian

Also, is that a typo in the error message - file ext. = thm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem is in Preview in Robohelp.

Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a number of javascript methods that work fine in the generated help and not the preview.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. That's a problem since you cannot test your buttons and pop-up links before you generate your project.

Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the problem in one topic project, zip it up and send it to me via my website.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok. Thanx.

Lena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp