Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfml-tags in string variables and outputting

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'm implementing a small content-managment system in my web-application, based on cf-mx7.
i have an html-editor for editing the web-content (FCKeditor). The content is then saved to the database.
Now my application simpliefied loads the content from database and outputs it with <cfoutput>#mycontent#</cfoutput> where mycontent is the variable where the content is loaded to via cfquery-tag.
So far so good. This works fine.
Now i want to integrate some cfml-tags into the web-content. so that variabe mycontent contains html-code mixed with cfml-tags. but now the cfml-tags are only outputted to the browser as they are and are not processed by coldfusion.

does anybody now how to implement that?

may regards and thanks for your help
mcdroemmel
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tags do you want to put into the content and why?

Perhaps there is a better way to do what you want to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello,

thanks for your answer.

The reason is following:
I show my content on a cfml web page using a <cfmodule>-tag, where the template-parameter identifies a custom-tag which gets the id of my content-object in the database. that tag has some additional funcitionality such a show links for editing the content when the actual user is the content-owner and show header and footers. It also loads the content, identified by the id of the content in the database, and outputs it using <cfoutput>#mycontent#</cfoutput>

Now my intention is, that i want to use cf-tags in the content. with that i want to indirectly nest some <cfmodule>-tags. The result should be, that my content itself contains content-objects, but for that my first content has to contain that <cfmodule>tags

i hope i could descripe to you what my intention is.

regards
mcdroemmel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation