• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture, Save, get one blank slide problem

Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as Kev_27 describes in his post: post

I could quote him verbatim as I'm having exactly the same situation. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to capture a web page or notepad or whatever. I get one blank slide. Adding slides makes it work, but I don't get the text caption and highlight features.
- New Project Options box:
- Software Simulation
- Custom Size
- Red box w/ selected options:
- Size = 940x660 (I've also tried many of the default sizes too)
- I resize my application to fit the red box
- Recording Modes:
- Demonstration (I've also tried doing it with multi-modes selected such as Training Simulation, Assessment, etc.)
- No narration
- Setting button (I use default settings)
- Click the Record button
- I DO hear the camera/shutter click, and I've even manually taken some shots with the PrntScrn button. Still one blank slide.
- I turned off all my firewalls and Norton Internet Security. No results.
- Yes, record keystrokes is selected.

Final note: After I capture and receive one blank slide, I can go into File>Record/Create>Additional Slides and properly record an application process. Even though this is a workaround, for this I CANNOT use multi-modal publishing which is the #1 reason I upgraded to Captivate 3!! So whatever the issue is, it's with recording a process from the opening menu.

Since kev_27's post was from a year ago, I would expect this to be either fixed or documented somewhere, and I can't find it. PLEASE someone from Adobe help! For $700, I expect this product to work!!!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MaguijoMP-

When selecting the application to record, select resolution size and application, and then press "Snap to Fit". This might help.

Also, update to the current version of Captivate3. If all else fails, try reinstalling Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions.
I have been selecting "Snap to Fit" already, and I've tried using a custom size, preset size or letting it choose its own size based on the window size of my application. Nothing makes any difference.
I had updated it already, but I uninstalled, rebooted, turned off all of Norton and re-installed. Re-updated. Same scenario. Capture, save, one blank screen.
Any other ideas?
Thanks again,
Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
I tried installing Captivate on my other computer, and it works just fine on that!
The other computer is supposed to be an exact duplicate of my main computer (I use it so I can meet deadlines when my main computer goes down). The only difference is the monitor is a standard CRT type, vs. the flat screen, wide screen LCD monitor on my main computer. I also don't have the same version of Norton installed. The second computer is a desktop, and my main computer is a laptop.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Margaret

Sorry, can't resist seeing the humor here. You say both machines are supposed to be duplicates. But one is a laptop and the other is a desktop. That in and of itself presents a "Black and White" situation. Then there is the Monitor and Video card setup. And finally, the mention of two different versions of Anti-virus.

So is Captivate failing on the Desktop or the Laptop?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you're right. They're not duplicates. What I really meant is that they have the same software and same OS installed. XP Pro SP3 Except for the Norton version, which is another story.
Anyway, Captivate is failing on the laptop.
Is that a known issue? I didn't find any documentation about it.
Thanks for your help,
Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maguijo-

I am assuming that your laptop doesn't have a large enough video card or RAM to handle Captivate as it is rather resource-intensive when capturing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware stuff is a little over my head, but the laptop is newer than the desktop. Here are the details:

Laptop:
Intel Core2Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.0 GHz
1.18 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS

Desktop:
Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Can you tell me from that if what you suspect is true? Is it the GHz thing? Desktop seems to have more of that, but the laptop has more RAM and a newer video card.
Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, the laptop seems to be more powerful, minus the small Ghz...I'm baffled. I suppose you have to use Captivate on your desktop...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margaret

Just out of curiosity, does the recording process work from scratch if you don't start by recording in multi-mode? For example, if you choose only Demonstration or only Simulation?

If so, I may have a workaround for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
It does not work from scratch in "single-mode" (just demonstration). Does not work from scratch in multi-mode either.
The only time it DOES work is once I've gotten my one blank slide. Then I can hit the Record button, choose to record slides and insert after the selected slide (or the last slide, since there's only one), and re-record everything.
However, the new recording is very buggy. I don't get the automatic captions and the mouse-clicks are WAY off, clicking hundreds of pixels away from where I actually clicked.
Workaround would be great!
Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found out why this is happening? I used captivate one month ago on my laptop and it worked perfectly and today, the SAME exact thing is happening to me. No matter what settings I choose, or what I record, I get one blank slide. I cannot figure it out! It worked fine a month ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2011 Mar 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello There,

Which version of Captivate are you in?

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources