• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 interactions - limitations

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trialling Presenter 8 at moment and want to understand what some of the limitations are for use of the new interactions on a slide. 

I would like to add other text or content objects on the slide surrounding an interaction (eg an accordion menu) however in my tests, each time I have added a text box on the slide, Presenter crashes when trying to publish.

Is it the case that you can have no other objects on the slide when you use an interaction?? 

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there is no limitation nor should it crash

Can you please send us the presentation to mkalyanp@adobe.com

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mahesh - I've just emailed you the presentation - it's one slide only with an accordion interaction and two text boxes on the slide so shouldn't have any issues. 

It publishes when I remove the text boxes.

Many thanks

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mahesh

The issue with Presenter 8 and Powerpoint 2007 - 32bit remains.   I've now tested separate installs of PowerPoint 2007 - 32 bit with Presenter 8 on two different machines  - one with Vista and one with Windows 7.   PowerPoint is fully updated.

I am able to publish a slide with an interaction.   However if I just add a text box object to a slide  (no interactions at all, just a text box on its own) and then try to publish it in Presenter, PowerPoint crashes.   Have sent you further details of my tests separately.

Has anyone else been able to successfully publish a file with text boxes using Powerpoint 2007 and Presenter 8?  It seems crazy that such a basic function is crashing the program.

Regards

Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a trial version of Presenter 8, but the Interactions menu is greyed out -- I can't even insert an interaction!  Any ideas why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cath - I noticed that problem too on one of my test files also.  Check if your file has the extension .ppt (which is compatibility mode - you'll see in the top title bar).  I saved the file as .pptx and the interactions menu item became active.   Hope that helps, cheers Trish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trish! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cath,

New feature of Presenter 8 like Interactions, Preview etc are supported only for .pptx format of presentations.

Please use .pptx presentations to utilize Presenter 8 to its fullest capability.

Regards,

Mukul

Adobe Presenter Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources