Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index Entries - Topics Found

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Using RoboHelp X5 to develop a .CHM file.
Not sure if the following question is related to a Windows component, or RoboHelp component.

When an index entry has assoicated topics (e.g., entry = Image, associated topics = adding, editing) the Topics Found dialog box displays, listing the topic names in the Title column and the name of the chm file where the topics are located in the Location column.

As this project is not merged, the Location column is not requried. Is there any way to remove the Location column from the Topics Found dialog box?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CR01

Actually, there may be. If you display your Project Settings (File > Project Settings > General tab) you might be able to DE-select the "Binary Index" check box.

Cheers.. Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again Rick,

Followed your suggestion, and cleared the Binary Index checkbox. The box had been checked during the development of the index, oddly though, when I remove the check mark, my index terms are completely scrambled, i.e., there are no longer in alphabetical order.

I copied the .HHK file from by back-up project and the terms remained scrambled, selecting the box put the terms back in alphabetical order.

For the next project, I will clear the box before developing the index.

Cheers,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Chris

No need to do that. Just right click any root level index term and select Sort > Current Level and Below. Bingo!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my test project your suggestion worked and the terms did not get scrambled.

Thanks Again,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Snake bite kits are in aisle 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp