Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scorm 1.2 output not working in LMS

Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am attempting to use Presenter courseware in DOTs LMS. Unfortunately when I launch the content I get a blank screen. DOTS is loading the SCORM (1.2) content correctly (i.e. it launches the URL as per the Manifest file). The problem seems to be within the SCORM content itself.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm replying to my own post as I've worked it out with the help of my LMS support team. It turns out that the Adobe Presenter content is not actually scorm 1.2.

The Manifest file produced by Presenter is correct for SCORM v1.2 but the generated Javascript file is not.

The ../scorm_support/scorm_support.js file needs to be ammended.
This below line...
//var g_nAPI = 0; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)

needs to be changed to force it to use SCORM v1.2, see below:
var g_nAPI = 1; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)

Hopefully there will be an update to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brice,

I wouldn't agree with that statement in it's entirety.  It is SCORM 1.2 Conformant, because I've personally run ADL tests against Presenter content for a variety of environments. Although it's true that SOME LMS platforms don't play "nicely" with Presenter content, it actually depends on the LMS you're deploying on.

We've successfully deployed on Knowledge Planet, Docent 6.5 GeoLearning and Blackboard, although with BB there were some variables that needed to be massaged in order to work correctly.

What environment are you publishing/posting to, b/c that would certainly help with regard to specific LMS platforms.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2009 Jul 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brice,

Did changing the value from 0 to 1 resolve your issue?

We're running a Docent 6.5 LMS and we seem to encounter issues with our Presenter published SCORM 1.2 courses.  However, other courses published with Articulate or from other vendors using SCORM 1.2 don't seem to have these issues.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brice235i wrote:

Hi, I'm replying to my own post as I've worked it out with the help of my LMS support team. It turns out that the Adobe Presenter content is not actually scorm 1.2.

The Manifest file produced by Presenter is correct for SCORM v1.2 but the generated Javascript file is not.

The ../scorm_support/scorm_support.js file needs to be ammended.
This below line...
//var g_nAPI = 0; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)

needs to be changed to force it to use SCORM v1.2, see below:
var g_nAPI = 1; // type of API to start searching for; allowable values: 0 - SCORM 2004; 1 - SCORM 1.2 (or 1.1)

Hopefully there will be an update to correct this?

Where exactly is this file "./scorm_support/scorm_support.js"... am not able find it? can anyone tell me the exact directory location for Presenter 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The scorm_support.js is available inside the published output/scorm_support/ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources